Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He let my 16 year old DD get a tramp stamp!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex took my 16 year old DD to get a tramp stamp. It is a butterfly and while it is not the worst tattoo in the world it is not great 

She asked me for a tattoo and I told her no because it was a spur of the moment thing and she hadnt even thought about it

But her dad sees no problem with tattoos and took her to get it done without hesitation. 

I could punch them both! UGH 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM
I'd make her have it lasered off. I had one lasered and it hurt like a mofo. Way worse than getting a tattoo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I understand you're upset but it wouldn't bother me.
rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Where do you live? Reputable tat shops do not let 16 year olds get tattooed even with parents permission
A-nony-mous
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why more and more studios are opting for 18+ period. Parental Consent isn't good enough and even 14 year olds are showing up with (usually) stupid tattoos and there's no checking on parents custody issues when one shows up to get their kid tattooed. 

I have tattoos, and big ones, but I don't agree with underage kids being tattooed for this reason. So often it's spur of the moment or something they like now but will likely grow out of soon enough, like all the people running around with Twilight tattoos, Justin Beiber tattoos, etc.

I'd be angry too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Colorado

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep: Where do you live? Reputable tat shops do not let 16 year olds get tattooed even with parents permission
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM
On the bright side it wasn't done by a friends makeshift tattoo gun. But, I'd be pissed. My husband and I are very into tattoos, but, we wouldn't allow it under 18. Oh well, nothing you can do now.
rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I guess you all are much more liberal

Quoting Anonymous: Colorado

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep: Where do you live? Reputable tat shops do not let 16 year olds get tattooed even with parents permission
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I am going to take her to get it removed

Quoting mes_deux_amours: On the bright side it wasn't done by a friends makeshift tattoo gun. But, I'd be pissed. My husband and I are very into tattoos, but, we wouldn't allow it under 18. Oh well, nothing you can do now.
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Good for you mama. I've heard that hurts worse than the tattoo :0

Quoting Anonymous: I am going to take her to get it removed

Quoting mes_deux_amours: On the bright side it wasn't done by a friends makeshift tattoo gun. But, I'd be pissed. My husband and I are very into tattoos, but, we wouldn't allow it under 18. Oh well, nothing you can do now.
Bekki
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM

It would piss me off that he didn't discuss it with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN