Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He let my 16 year old DD get a tramp stamp!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex took my 16 year old DD to get a tramp stamp. It is a butterfly and while it is not the worst tattoo in the world it is not great 

She asked me for a tattoo and I told her no because it was a spur of the moment thing and she hadnt even thought about it

But her dad sees no problem with tattoos and took her to get it done without hesitation. 

I could punch them both! UGH 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Wonder what'll happen when one if her friends has a baby.... o.O
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I really don't think that you should do that getting it removed or whatever. I think there may be some unresolved issues between you and your ex husband. I don't agree with what your ex husband Did and I think she should have waited until she was 18. however having it removed it's going to cause some kind of Rift between you and her going forward put her on punishment take away her cell phone for being disobedient but having her scared even again I don't agree with it I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM
He isn't my ex husband and yes we do have issues. I am already talking to my lawyer about what we can do about his visitations

She is also being punished on other ways

Quoting Anonymous: I really don't think that you should do that getting it removed or whatever. I think there may be some unresolved issues between you and your ex husband. I don't agree with what your ex husband Did and I think she should have waited until she was 18. however having it removed it's going to cause some kind of Rift between you and her going forward put her on punishment take away her cell phone for being disobedient but having her scared even again I don't agree with it I'm sorry.
Proud2bamomma
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:55 AM

My first  thought is that youre really worried about what people might say or think, bc you said she got a "tramp stamp" ... we didnt need that detail.. you couldve said tattoo, if the tatto itself was the problem. I dont think lower bck tattoos are flattering, and I wouldnt get one. Id also be pissed at my ex for not even calling me to see how i felt. On the other hand, it is just a tattoo.. and if she hates it next week, lesson learned. Like a previous post states, it could be worse. Nothing you can do now, unless you want to force her to get it removed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I figured that you guys had issues I'm sorry I said he was your ex husband I shoulda just said he was your ex. And I believe he did that because you said no just to get at you. And I figure is that getting it removed will your daughter physically as he has hurt her mentally. I am glad that she's being punished in other ways. Seeing an attorney is a great idea. However, it'd adding fuel to the issues between ex ass and you.

Quoting Anonymous: He isn't my ex husband and yes we do have issues. I am already talking to my lawyer about what we can do about his visitations

Quoting Anonymous: I really don't think that you should do that getting it removed or whatever. I think there may be some unresolved issues between you and your ex husband. I don't agree with what your ex husband Did and I think she should have waited until she was 18. however having it removed it's going to cause some kind of Rift between you and her going forward put her on punishment take away her cell phone for being disobedient but having her scared even again I don't agree with it I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Imo don't! Getting it removed is costly, painful, and doesn't get ride of it completely. So instead of a pretty butterfly she has an ugly looking scar like thing. She had parental permission even if you were against it. You have to let out go sadly.

Quoting Anonymous: I am going to take her to get it removed

Quoting mes_deux_amours: On the bright side it wasn't done by a friends makeshift tattoo gun. But, I'd be pissed. My husband and I are very into tattoos, but, we wouldn't allow it under 18. Oh well, nothing you can do now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:07 AM
I have had a tattoo removed so I know what happens. I have no scar and you can not even tell I had a tattoo there

If she doesn't want it removed she can stay grounded until she is 18

I will not let it go.

Quoting Anonymous: Imo don't! Getting it removed is costly, painful, and doesn't get ride of it completely. So instead of a pretty butterfly she has an ugly looking scar like thing. She had parental permission even if you were against it. You have to let out go sadly.

Quoting Anonymous: I am going to take her to get it removed

Quoting mes_deux_amours: On the bright side it wasn't done by a friends makeshift tattoo gun. But, I'd be pissed. My husband and I are very into tattoos, but, we wouldn't allow it under 18. Oh well, nothing you can do now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM
At 16 can't she just go live with him. I feel for you mama I had a friend in a similar situation. Dad let her run wild. Mom had rules. Long story short court would not step in when she packed her stuff and left. She has since dropped out of school. Mom thinks she is pregnant but isn't sure :(. Sad situation

Quoting Anonymous: He isn't my ex husband and yes we do have issues. I am already talking to my lawyer about what we can do about his visitations

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM
No...he has never had custody...the courts would not allow it

I am working to do supervised visitations now

Quoting Anonymous: At 16 can't she just go live with him. I feel for you mama I had a friend in a similar situation. Dad let her run wild. Mom had rules. Long story short court would not step in when she packed her stuff and left. She has since dropped out of school. Mom thinks she is pregnant but isn't sure :(. Sad situation

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Id take her in for laser removal and make her pay for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)