Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He let my 16 year old DD get a tramp stamp!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex took my 16 year old DD to get a tramp stamp. It is a butterfly and while it is not the worst tattoo in the world it is not great 

She asked me for a tattoo and I told her no because it was a spur of the moment thing and she hadnt even thought about it

But her dad sees no problem with tattoos and took her to get it done without hesitation. 

I could punch them both! UGH 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah neither had this dad In my state it was all about her age....just something to consider. It's 2 years until she is an adult I'm not saying she should have zero punishment but I also think you should consider her feelings and not damage your changing relationship with her. IMO the years between 16-18 mom needs to learn to let go a bit

Quoting Anonymous: No...he has never had custody...the courts would not allow it

I am working to do supervised visitations now

Quoting Anonymous: At 16 can't she just go live with him. I feel for you mama I had a friend in a similar situation. Dad let her run wild. Mom had rules. Long story short court would not step in when she packed her stuff and left. She has since dropped out of school. Mom thinks she is pregnant but isn't sure :(. Sad situation

Quoting Anonymous: He isn't my ex husband and yes we do have issues. I am already talking to my lawyer about what we can do about his visitations

She is also being punished on other ways

Quoting Anonymous: I really don't think that you should do that getting it removed or whatever. I think there may be some unresolved issues between you and your ex husband. I don't agree with what your ex husband Did and I think she should have waited until she was 18. however having it removed it's going to cause some kind of Rift between you and her going forward put her on punishment take away her cell phone for being disobedient but having her scared even again I don't agree with it I'm sorry.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I would loose my shit. omg. 

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I have no problem with tattoos at all, but my kids will wait until they are 18. 

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM
My child would find themselves getting it removed the very next day.
Jessy76
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I would be livid. My SD's asked for tattoos at 16 but my DH said no. He explained to their mother who is a tattoo artist that he wanted them to wait until they are 18 because it is permanent and not a decision to rush into.  2 years later on their 18th birthday they got matching tattoos across their rib cage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)