Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let a male watch your child?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM
  • 363 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ive been in a recent facebook discussion about male babysitters. One woman said that common sense tell you that a male should never babysit a female child. Come to find out this womans children had been abused by her ex husband, so I understand why she feels that way. I say that just because someone has a penis doesnt meam that they are unable to take care of children, I told her that I was very sorry her children had to gl through that but tjat I couldnt agree with her statement. I kmow , amy trustworthy mem that I would allow to watch my little girls, and that women are just as likely to abuse a child as a man is. I get that there are horrible people out there, butni think its wromg to label all men the same way, considering some men are awesome child care providers.💕
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:31 PM
My brother in law has always been our go to sitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:31 PM
9 moms liked this
Depends on how well I know him. Same would go for a female sitter ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure. But a non-family member has never watched our kids before. My husbands brothers have both babysat for us for years and occasionally take our kids out to do stuff and I trust them completely but I'm not sure about a random teenage boy that I don't know very well.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Only my 29 year old son

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I agree, my kids are only watched by a handful of people.

Quoting Anonymous: Not sure. But a non-family member has never watched our kids before. My husbands brothers have both babysat for us for years and occasionally take our kids out to do stuff and I trust them completely but I'm not sure about a random teenage boy that I don't know very well.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Well, my husband is a male and watches them just as much as I do so why not other guys.
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Of course. My sisters bf and my 17yo cousin are our best sitters!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother has and her dads brother have both watched my girls.. trust them til the end. No other males though.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Two of our three regular sitters are male. Our kids love them both.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM
5 moms liked this
At the end of the day gender don't matter what matters is if they are a good person or not
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)