Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was a surrogate...AMA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Title says it all. I was a surrogate four times. I've done this before, but I find that a lot of people are curious, so I thought I'd do another!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ABookWorm
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Is it hard to give the baby to their parents? I would imagine it's hard not to become attached to the baby?
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
No questions, just wanted to say that you're an amazing person for doing that for those families.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

It's emotionally difficult for me, yes. Not so much that I regret it (obviously!), but it's hard and sad for a while. I did feel 'attached' to my surrogate kids.

Quoting ABookWorm: Is it hard to give the baby to their parents? I would imagine it's hard not to become attached to the baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Was it donor eggs used or yours? How old are the children now and do you keep in touch or receive updates?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM

A bit of both. My first three were donor eggs, my last was my egg (he's my nephew). They are 6, would be 4, 3, an 1 currently.

The six year old lives abroad, but I've seen him twice since he left to go home when he was a week old. His dads send me pictures and e-mails a few times a year. My other two GS (gestational surrogacy) kids are brother and sister. The little girl passed away two years ago in December. I keep in touch with her family pretty closely, though, and I see her little brother when I'm back home (it used to be once every few months, now maybe once or twice a year since we moved).

My nephew I saw daily for a long time, then a few times a week until we moved last summer. But I am very close with my sister and get tons of pictures and updates, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: Was it donor eggs used or yours? How old are the children now and do you keep in touch or receive updates?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM
That's awesome! I wish I was strong enough to do this but really don't think I would be. I'm sorry to hear about the little girl. How did she die if you don't mind mw asking?

Quoting Anonymous:

A bit of both. My first three were donor eggs, my last was my egg (he's my nephew). They are 6, would be 4, 3, an 1 currently.

The six year old lives abroad, but I've seen him twice since he left to go home when he was a week old. His dads send me pictures and e-mails a few times a year. My other two GS (gestational surrogacy) kids are brother and sister. The little girl passed away two years ago in December. I keep in touch with her family pretty closely, though, and I see her little brother when I'm back home (it used to be once every few months, now maybe once or twice a year since we moved).

My nephew I saw daily for a long time, then a few times a week until we moved last summer. But I am very close with my sister and get tons of pictures and updates, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: Was it donor eggs used or yours? How old are the children now and do you keep in touch or receive updates?

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM
My contracts are being drawn up as we speak, I'm a first time GS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Your an amazing person for doing that!
sweettea1985
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Do you get paid to do this?
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)