Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creeped out - stepFIL advice!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

I've been with my husband for 5 years, married 3. His step dad is a big jokester, and seems harmless but is always making comments to me that are right on the edge, but he says them openly while laughing, so I've always just laughed him off, since no one else seemed freaked out.

I emailed him a photo of my child and their new puppy a week or two ago, and just got this from him today.

I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this, but it's pushed things too far. It's in secret, no one is around hearing him. I don't see him laughing. I'm just uncomfortable about it, obviously. But am I reading too much into it? I have to see him tomorrow - I'm going to his daughters middle school play. Everyone will be there. But I haven't told my husband yet. Should I? I don't need this turning into a big deal, but I don't like keeping it to myself, either.

Thoughts? Too far? Over-thinking? Tell husband or no?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Ewwww but maybe he sent it to u accidentally? Reply back n say excuse me, did u mean to email me that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Bump
Corkie-
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Tell your DH and let him handle it. Does he know how he makes you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adrianne122005
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Ewwww
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I don't know....

i want to either ignore this all entirely, and pretend like I never got it or tell my husband and have him deal. The last last last thing I wanna do is email him back in any way. But that makes sense. I probably should. He doesn't email much - 

Quoting sunsetchick34: Ewwww but maybe he sent it to u accidentally? Reply back n say excuse me, did u mean to email me that?

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM

LMAO OMG. 

Hahahaha that is weird! 

Hahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Why not just email him back and tell him! Why can't you say, "haha, I know you like to joke around but sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable. My family never joked around much like that. " and leave it at that for now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

This.  You'll have a clear idea of what he really meant with any luck.

Quoting sunsetchick34: Ewwww but maybe he sent it to u accidentally? Reply back n say excuse me, did u mean to email me that?

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I would just talk to your husband
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

No, I've never openly said your step dad says innapprioate shit, but he and I talk about how uncouth he is. He's one of those types that enjoys making people uncomfortable. If he finds a topic that he knows gets to you, he's on it. So we've always taken a dismissive laugh-it-off approch. 

Plus, like I said he usually says this stuff in the open. My husband hehead what he says. 

Quoting Corkie-: Tell your DH and let him handle it. Does he know how he makes you feel?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)