• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an interview tomorrow. Update

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Send good thoughts, vibes, prayers, whatever. I really, REALLY need this job. I applied for it 2 months ago, they decided to hire internally, the girl walked out on them a week and a half ago. They called me yesterday to come in and interview. I want this job. I'm out of work and have only been offered low paying part time jobs so far. It's at a law firm and would be great experience, plus I would be in charge of planning events!

Update: I didn't get it :( Honestly the interview was horrible. The guy was... Like talking to a brick wall. He'd start to say something and then just stop. I tried to keep things going, stayed upbeat and highlighted why I'd be good in the position and he just stared off into space. It was super uncomfortable.

I had another interview today for an Admissions Representative. I think I'd be perfect for it. It's at a cosmetology school and I think it would be so much fun. So I'm crossing everything I have that I get that position. Like seriously doing everything I can think of to control their minds to hire me lol. They actually did group interviews last week and weren't going to do anymore but the director saw my resume and called me in for a one on one interview. I'm hoping that helps me out.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelle623
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Good luck! :)

thetrollcat
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM

good luck meow! Sell yourself! The best way to win an interview is to tell them how much you like their firm and what you like about it and how you want to be a part of their firm. You almost cannot lose by doing this.

Jtcjtmom
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Good luck
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM
🍀
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Good luck!!
giroirk
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Good luck!!
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Oh I plan on it haha.

Quoting thetrollcat:

good luck meow! Sell yourself! The best way to win an interview is to tell them how much you like their firm and what you like about it and how you want to be a part of their firm. You almost cannot lose by doing this.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Fingers crossed for you
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Good luck!
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Bump for update.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)