Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

RIP Niece, Nephew, Sis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 836 Replies
5 moms liked this

I miss my niece and nephew immensly; and even though my sis is arrogant and selfishly caused their death than took her own life I miss her too.  

My niece and nephew were killed in a car accident and my sister was driving.  She was arrogant and selfish enough to think that because she had a huge Yukon and had her kids in good car seats she could drive however she wanted with no regards to their safety or that of others on the road.  She drove my kids once and they told me she was speeding and cutting people off and after I heard how she have driving I never let them ride with her again.  I also told her if she thought the size was going to keep them safe she was kidding herself as SUVs are built with truck quality which is lower than car quality on cheap frames and that cheap quality along with her reckless driving was what ultimately killed my niece and nephew.  

My confession is that shortely before she killed herself we got into an argument and after some other arguing I told her that perhaps her kids (niece and nephew) dying were her fault (which it was) and that perhaps it was karma for her selfishness and lack of care for others in choicing to drive that cheaply built tank and not caring if she killed someone else and not thinking about others.  But then again it's true so I shouldn't feel bad for speaking the truth.  

Update: Are some of you reacting this way to my post because you drive large vehicles in this manner?  If you do please don't let my nieces,nephews and sisters deaths be in vain and learn something from this.  

Update 2: For those of you blaming me, my sister made the choice.  She also had other problems such as that her and her husband overspend on things they couldn't afford to try to impress others and than had lots of fights about finances and that was only compounded after the accident.  Also for those who want a source for my arguments see Keith Brasher's High and Mighty (among many other sources).  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
8 moms liked this
Wow heartless much?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Wow!
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM
30 moms liked this

Wow.....that was heartless even if her driving did cause her childrens death.....you don't say that to someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM

How am I heartless?  I said I missed my sister, but she was a selfish person and she is the reason my niece and nephew are dead and then she selfishly took her own life.  She has caused our family so much misery.  

Quoting Anonymous: Wow heartless much?

hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm leaving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
12 moms liked this

Sometimes, your opinions are better left to yourself. You know that old saying, if you can say anything nice don't say anything at all?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Um...
almburr
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
12 moms liked this
Wow.....

As for trucks being made poorly and cars made better. I want proof on that. I see more walk away from truck than flattened cars.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, what if her continuing to act like that caused someone elses death?  

Quoting CeeGee81:

Wow.....that was heartless even if her driving did cause her childrens death.....you don't say that to someone.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too

Quoting hopeym23:

I'm leaving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN