Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am taking her for an abortion and her mom doesn't know...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 204 Replies
1 mom liked this
My parents divorced when I was young and my dad remarried a younger woman when I was 20, he got her pregnant and wanted to do the right thing. After my sister was born, my dad and sm started drinking a lot and hit rock bottom. They were homeless and I told them that they could live with me for awhile, only if they got help for the drinking, they did and were gone within a year. SM "found god" and became a holy roller, seriously, she is not fun at parties! We all drifted apart. I saw my sister every once in awhile, but it was hard to see her because of sm's craziness.

When my sister was 14, she came to me and asked me to take her to get on the pill. I took her to PP and helped her out. SM found pills and flipped her lid. She went all psycho, she suspected that I took her, but my sister was strong in not telling her. She still kept her away from me.

One year later, SM relapsed and then dad. SM stays home, she claims a disability, but it isn't real, dad lost his job and they couldn't afford the rent, again. I have a large home and made them the same deal as before, they could stay with my family, but had to be getting help, especially now that I have kids.

They have been here almost a year and my sister came to me a few days ago to tell me that she is pregnant and does not want to be. I told her it was dumb to get pregnant, but smart and responsible to know that there is no way in hell that a baby should be brought into her family.

So...I am taking her next week for an abortion. We have the same last name (I kept mine when I got married), our addresses are the same on our licenses and we look alike, so I am going to tell them that I am her mother so that she can have her abortion and get her life back. Age of consent for an abortion here is 18, before that, you need a parent or judge to approve. She has the first appointment on Tuesday and is going to talk to them about the shot so that her mother won't be able to find it and throw it away.

If SM finds out, she will be PISSED, she is super pro life, she even did some protests with her church and prays "for the dead babies", I would be lying if I said that didn't make me smile.

Anyway, I just had to get that out. No one knows about this except my sister and me, I am not even telling dh, and I had to talk about it somewhere or I would burst!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Good luck. I hope everything works out. That sounds like a huge mess.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

What state do you have to be 18 to get an abortion with parents consent? I'll admit I am not up todate on abortion/age laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Not a good idea...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Not cool.  

The truth and their consequences are hard, but that is what being an adult is about.  I don't think you are setting a great example. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Very huge! I didn't grow up with my dad, my mom kept me away from him while I was growing up and I can now see why!
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
even 14 year old girls can go on their own without any parents to get an abortion.
She doesn't need parental consent if you didn't know that.
Maybe be there for her yes but she can pretty much say " hey i want an abortion" and that's about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Good luck! Make sure she gets the BC after. You are nice to deal with drunks. I have nothing to do with my dad. Give an inch he takes a mile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Michigan. You either have to be 18 or have parental consent or see a judge for permission.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What state do you have to be 18 to get an abortion with parents consent? I'll admit I am not up todate on abortion/age laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Bull *cough*

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Cant say i wouldnt do the same thing.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN