Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sil is pissed because I'm letting her and her baby starve.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
So 4 days ago sil was upset because she didn't have groceries, formula or money. I'm not sure how, she work, receives food stamps and wic for the baby.

But it was the end of the month, I figured she just didnt plan ahead and budget properly, so I have her food, and a 2 tubs of formula.

Today she comes back wanting me to give her $200. I told her no.

Just this past month alone we've given her close to $500 for various bills and things she couldn't pay. And we can't afford to keep doing it.

She then asked if I could give her some formula for the baby. I asked her what happened to the two giant tubs of I gave her 4 days ago. She insisted she used it all already. There's no way that baby went through two tubs of formula in 4 days.

I told her she could have the sample cans I got. (There's 3 cans.).

She got mad and said that that wouldn't be enough.

So I told her that I can't do more than that. This is the time of year where dhs work load decreases, and so do his paychecks. We plan ahead and stock up on certain things in January and February. (Like non perishable foods, diapers, soaps, formula, toliet paper etc. and pay pills on advance with the tax refund. ) so that we have a stock of things for this time where we struggle a little. (Usually April and may are the two rough months, and the rest of the year is fine.).

Sil got pissed and said that we don't care about them at all, and that she can't believe I'm going to let them starve.

I told her that we just cant afford to give her more right now. the sample cans of formula would be enough to last a couple days, and she gets her food stamps on the 6th. So in two days she'll have money for food. I also told her she could eat with us.

But we can't afford to give her more money or another tub of formula. We have a toddler that needs to eat, and twin 2 month olds that need formula.
And while we do have $300 setting aside right now, we need that to fill my prescriptions (which insurance doesn't fully cover.), purchase my test strips, and new meter, (my old one crapped out on me and since the old one is only 5 months old, insurance won't cover a new one.).

After explaining to her why we couldn't give her more money and things she started freaking out. She said she's too stressed to deal with this and can't handle it. I told her if she needed a break then to leave the baby here for a little bit.

She then yelled at me and stomped off.

I just don't understand. Her money is obviously going somewhere, but she has nothing to show for it. I'm worried that maybe she has some type of addiction..

But she took off, and kenzie is here with me.

I just don't know what sil expects from us. How much money does she think we an afford to just hand over?

And if she DOESN'T have an addiction or a problem, the where the hell is her money going?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Obviously something is going on and saying that she wants to leave her baby with you is a red flag. Call CPS and have them check things out. It sounds like she isn't feeding or taking care of the baby at all.

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Ooh yeah my first thought was drugs. She probably sold the formula too. Or she is really over feeding her. Is it your Dhs sister?If so maybe get him to talk to her trying to get to the bottom of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Kenzie had an appointment last week that i drove them to. She weighs 19 lbs, and is 6 months old. She was 7lbs at birth. Every time I see her she's eating. But I don't see how she could go through that amount in that time frame. It's just not possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously something is going on and saying that she wants to leave her baby with you is a red flag. Call CPS and have them check things out. It sounds like she isn't feeding or taking care of the baby at all.

anotheranon
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Yeah, I'd be worried. I'm sorry...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Kenzie weighs 19lbs.

And she eats quite a bit. But each tub makes 60 4oz bottles. There's no way to go through two of them in 4 days...

Quoting newmom121812: Ooh yeah my first thought was drugs. She probably sold the formula too. Or she is really over feeding her. Is it your Dhs sister?If so maybe get him to talk to her trying to get to the bottom of it.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

im guessing she sold the formula you gave her for drugs..

GlitteryFish
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM

The more that you enable her the more she will take. You have to put a stop to it somewhere.

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You gotta take care of you first. It's pretty obvious she's using the money for something if she wants cash but won't accept food. Next time get her a big bag of rice and a couple bags of beans and tell her to feed herself with that. Mamas gotta make sacrifices for their babies. My mom ate popcorn for supper because that's all she could afford for awhile. As previous poster said it might be worth checking into with cps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM
You say tubs like the big tubs or the wic sized cans? My son would go through one of the wic sized cans every other day

Quoting Anonymous: Kenzie had an appointment last week that i drove them to. She weighs 19 lbs, and is 6 months old. She was 7lbs at birth. Every time I see her she's eating. But I don't see how she could go through that amount in that time frame. It's just not possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Sounds like she may be on drugs. I'm sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN