Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously dh, I'm not your mother! +apology

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Huge pet peeve of mine is when dh asks my permission. I know he has geek group on Fridays, a simple, "just reminding you my gaming group is tonight" is more than sufficient. I can let him know if we have a scheduling conflict, but every week he asks for permission. I don't mind that he goes, I'm glad he has a social outlet. he deserves to go have fun, but damn he is a grown man. I love that he keeps me in the loop on what he's doing but he does not need my permission.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Really?? You're complaining about THAT? Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Lol, I like that he wants to keep me in the loop, but he's my husband not my kid. Lol I know it's a petty thing to be irritated about.

Quoting Anonymous: Really?? You're complaining about THAT? Lol.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM
It's probably more so to respect you than ask permission. It's better to have a dh that respects you enough to ask/check in with you. My dh does the same, and he knows he doesn't need my permission.
JBiiirdD
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Mine always asks if I'm okay with him playing ball.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont see it as asking permission, but more like do you mind if he goes and there arent other plans.

Anytime something comes up for my husband he always makes sure we dont already have something else going on. I dont always tell him FIRST if we do either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I know, my dad was really controlling so I'm just sensitive to this stuff. I just wish he would just let me know instead of asking kwim?

Quoting crysiann: It's probably more so to respect you than ask permission. It's better to have a dh that respects you enough to ask/check in with you. My dh does the same, and he knows he doesn't need my permission.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Yeah I guess I could see it this way. I can try and change my reaction to this. I totally realize this is a me problem and not so much a him problem

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont see it as asking permission, but more like do you mind if he goes and there arent other plans.

Anytime something comes up for my husband he always makes sure we dont already have something else going on. I dont always tell him FIRST if we do either.

mommy2adandykid
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM

lol personally i HATE friday night magic but to each their own

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Does it irritate you too? Or is it more like just double checking for schedule conflicts?

Quoting JBiiirdD: Mine always asks if I'm okay with him playing ball.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Lol it's not even magic it's d&d. I think his geek group is great. They're awesome guys.

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

lol personally i HATE friday night magic but to each their own

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN