Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My shameful confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
I've been married for a 3 years with dh and we have an amazing marriage, he's an awesome man and has strong values that made me fall for him.
His first wife and him divorced 14 years ago and they have a 13 year old daughter together.
Here is where you will all hate me, and sometimes i hate myself for it.
BM travels a lot for her work and sd stays with us when she's gone.
I can't help but feel a little resentment towards sd, she doesn't look like dh at all, she is the spinning image of her mother and i hate it. I sometimes can't stand looking at her because it's a reminder of bm, she acts and talks and thinks like her mom and dh loves her so much, sometimes i make sure sd is out of the house, i give her a lot of money to go hang out with friends so dh can spend time with our newborn because i can't take it when he's all lovey adoring in front of her.
Worst is that BM is an actually really nice person, she's the kind of girl everybody likes but i just can't help but hate the both of them.
Sometimes i just wish she never existed so my son could be his first child and that sd wouldn't take so much of our time and money because ooh his daughter has to go to private school, she has to spend 300 dollars on summer clothes, and hey! Let's spend 2000 dollars for her to go to Italy with bm so she can see different countries and cultures.
It gets me so mad but i have to act like I'm ok with it because i don't want him to think I'm mean.
Is it really horrible to just wish that your husband didn't have other children?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I think a lot of stepmoms secretly wish the first children never existed. You are not alone in that.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM
7 moms liked this

Yes. Yes it is horrible. Especially since you knew all of this before you married him.

katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Kind of..I mean obviously you knew he had other kids when you married him and got pregnant by him. He sounds like a super involved father and its pretty shitty of you to try to get between them.bi see resentment in you future...by you, by him, and by his dd.
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting aandt1999:

Yes. Yes it is horrible. Especially since you knew all of this before you married him.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Shouldn't have married him.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM
How old are you?
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Hugs! I am not a step mom but I can see your point of view/ feelings.
shiny76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

hunny if you can't open your self up to his children why the hell did you marry him. why don't women get...if you marry a man with kids you better love his kids as much as you love him cause your marrying them to. Get over yourself for real. you came in second and you choose that life and just because you and your son arn't the center of his world is your own fault. i'm a step mom and just had a son with my DH and i love LOVE spending time with my other children (aka my stepkids) and i love how they interact with they're father and new brother.....your a right bitch is all i got left to say...

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as the only people who know that are the ladies of cafemom, it's fine. Just be careful your anger never affects sd or her mom. 

shiny76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:04 PM

then they shouldn't be stepmom or married to a man with children...thats so eff'd up!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think a lot of stepmoms secretly wish the first children never existed. You are not alone in that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)