Those who were NOT teen moms--how did you successfully avoid that path??
I wasn't a teen mom and I pray my girls follow in my footsteps. I think it was because
1) I was put on bc at an early age due to irregular periods
2) teen pregnancy wasn't big in my neighborhood or high school. I went to a good school with a high graduation rate and most went off to college.
3) my mom instilled in me the importance of a college education, and I come from a family of college graduates. To me, college was the unquestionably the next step after high school.
4) I had an older brother who talked to me candidly about boys just wanting to get in your pants and sex doeS not equal love.
5) I was never the type that thought having a baby as a teen was cute. The two or three girls I remember in hs who were pregnant I thought looked ridiculous and trashy and I kind of felt bad for them.
6) I carried condoms in my purse. Might have looked slutty but I was adamant about protected sex and knew if I boy got me pregnant id be the one to end up with the responsibility. And I was scared of STDS.
Just wondering how/why others made in to adulthood with no kids and how I can better raise my daughters to avoid going down this path. This was not intended to bash teen moms.