Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bare bottom spanking a teen??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
Those who believe in spanking, would you do this?

My parents both did until I moved out. When I protested that it made me uncomfortable, they would say "it's a punishment, it isn't supposed to be pleasant".
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laparla
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Yes. Add me if you'd like to discuss further.
idunno1234
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM
4 moms liked this

UGH! Spanking, let alone bare bottom spanking (something my parents did btw but defintely not when we were teenagers because my brothers and I would have fought back) is so freakin unnecessary and a sign of ignorant, lazy parenting.  Bare butt is bordering on sexual abuse and when a teenager, crosses the line. 

My brothers and I (and my oldest brother is 60) still have issues because of the way we were raised.  We were lucky enough to have a mom who admitted how wrong she was.  I was a good kid and never deserved to be hit.  It only pissed me off, never taught me a damn thing.  I was hit less than my brothers being the youngest and only girl and learned to stay in the background as much as possible but what I witnessed affected me just as much as what was done to me. 

Don't care what people say, sick of the same old tired arguments- I could list every one of them and easily refute them all.  With rare exception (such as a toddler repeating dangerous behaviors) spanking is unnecessary and counterproductive and even then, never bare butt and maybe just a swat to get attention.

There is no excuse for it.  People need to educate themselves.  Parenting is arguably the most important job we have and yet people allow themselves to fall into awful generational patterns without actually studying up on child development and alternative discipline techniques.

What you describe is awful and it obviously impacted you in a big way or it wouldn't have been something you felt worth posting on a public form.  All I can say is I hope you don't repeat the pattern.  There are other, much more effective ways of disciplining.  I raised four, wonderful, well mannered, productive kids, 13-22, without it, something every single parent is capable of doing if they only took the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM

No. Then again I wouldn't bare bottom spank at any age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM
No I find that creepy. I wouldn't bare bottom spank to begin with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Bare bottom spanking of a teenager is sexual.  I'm not trying to make any judgments about your parents, but they are either completely delusional as to your physical development or perverts. 

drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I dont spank but I do think once a child hits puberty there are other ways to discipline

RalphsMommy123
by Single Mom Tee on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Hush your face. That is all.

Quoting idunno1234:

UGH! Spanking, let alone bare bottom spanking (something my parents did btw but defintely not when we were teenagers because my brothers and I would have fought back) is so freakin unnecessary and a sign of ignorant, lazy parenting.  Bare butt is bordering on sexual abuse and when a teenager, crosses the line. 

My brothers and I (and my oldest brother is 60) still have issues because of the way we were raised.  We were lucky enough to have a mom who admitted how wrong she was.  I was a good kid and never deserved to be hit.  It only pissed me off, never taught me a damn thing.  I was hit less than my brothers being the youngest and only girl and learned to stay in the background as much as possible but what I witnessed affected me just as much as what was done to me. 

Don't care what people say, sick of the same old tired arguments- I could list every one of them and easily refute them all.  With rare exception (such as a toddler repeating dangerous behaviors) spanking is unnecessary and counterproductive and even then, never bare butt and maybe just a swat to get attention.

There is no excuse for it.  People need to educate themselves.  Parenting is arguably the most important job we have and yet people allow themselves to fall into awful generational patterns without actually studying up on child development and alternative discipline techniques.

What you describe is awful and it obviously impacted you in a big way or it wouldn't have been something you felt worth posting on a public form.  All I can say is I hope you don't repeat the pattern.  There are other, much more effective ways of disciplining.  I raised four, wonderful, well mannered, productive kids, 13-22, without it, something every single parent is capable of doing if they only took the time.

sarbear8508
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I don't spank but I think bare bottom spanking is degrading, and gross. Especially for a teen.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Bare bottom spanking is wrong no matter the age. It is especially fucked up and sexually abusive to do it to an older child or teen. Only a sicko would think it is ok.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM

No, I don't believe in it for small children either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)