Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You Are Biracial

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
..or have older biracial kids...can you please tell me a specific incident caused by your or their skin color? And where you live?
I was just attacked (online of course) for having biracial kids and subjecting them to "a lifetime of torture and not fitting in." TIA
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
My husband is part Korean and was made fun of a lot in school
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM
My DD, 21, biracial. Has Never had an incidents. In high school they called her Zebracakes. But that was not taken as being rude.

My oldest DD lost a friend when she found out my youngest is biracial. Said she didnt associate with black people.

We live in Baltimore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:15 PM
I got called an oreo but that's about it. A lot of people complemented how pretty I am
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:18 PM
We live in north alabama. My SD is 6 and bi racial. As far as we are aware there has never been any "incident" or unwelcome words due to her being bi racial except from her own family (great aunts) who have some sort of problem with her being half white. In the general community where we live it is more common to see bi racial kids than not
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:52 AM

well i was in Boston, MA and the store clerk wouldnt help us because we were of color.  I live in a place that is ethnicall diverse so my kids dont have that problem.

blue.chairs
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Never had a problem. We are in WA.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Im just a mutt

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:56 AM

5 of my kids are biracial plus 4 of my grandkids also. Nothing bad has happened because most people know I am bat shit crazy and will shoot first and ask questions later, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:03 AM

Most people aren't one nationality anymore.  I'm "white", but that's at least 3 different types of "white" that I know of.  My husband is Mexican.  Most people can't tell our kids are Mexican.  They look exactly like me, except they tan in the summer instead of burn.

One of my friends is Italian and her husband is half Japanese.  Their children are beautiful.

Anyone who has a problem with my kids being "bi-racial" is the kind of ignorant trash I want them to stay away from.  I haven't encountered any of that, so far.

ETA:  I live in Idaho, but I grew up in South Dakota.  I grew up between two Native American reservations and there was a lot of racism towards white people. You could get your ass beat just because you were "too white". (There are very few full-blooded Native Americans.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)