Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mil is mad we are going out of town for mother's day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Every year MIL tries to hijack mother's day. We always plan to spend time with my mom, mil and just our family but mil always tries to monopolize the day. She will whine and complain when we leave her home, she will show up at our home or wherever we go out to eat she even showed up at my mother's house. When she is around , she acts like she is the only mother being celebrated and gets mad that me and my mom are celebrated too. She just makes the day miserable for everyone. So dh and I decided to go out of town for mother's day. We are going to Disney World. My mom is going out of town to see my brother and his wife. We told mil and she said dh is a horrible son. Well I don't think we are wrong, she shouldn't expect us to want to be around her on mothers day after the way she has acted
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:35 AM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like Holy Terror of a MIL

She can't follow you now BUT don't tell her where you are going

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:38 AM

I celebrate my grandmother on mothers day as she is the one who raised me and she is happy with just a call. I et her a gift too but even if I didn't she wouldn't care one bit. sounds like your MIL is high maintenance. Sorry mama!

TygrrEyz
by Marie on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:38 AM
You cannot go to Disney World now! She might just randomly show up and hijack the day again!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Sassy762:

She sounds like Holy Terror of a MIL

She can't follow you now BUT don't tell her where you are going

She knows we are going to Disney World but not where we are staying. She refuses to drive more then 20 minutes away and Disney World is 3 hours away so she couldnt get there anyway
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My husbands birthday falls on Mother's Day sometimes.  Double guilt if we don't spend time with MIL.  My MIL thinks every holiday is about her.  She CRIED the first time my husband and I flew home to see my family for Christmas.  I only visit my family once every other year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Quoting TygrrEyz: You cannot go to Disney World now! She might just randomly show up and hijack the day again!
She refuses to drive more than 20 minutes away and Disney World is 3 hours away so she can't without us driving her
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Phew.... Crisis averted then. Have fun!

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting TygrrEyz: You cannot go to Disney World now! She might just randomly show up and hijack the day again!

She refuses to drive more than 20 minutes away and Disney World is 3 hours away so she can't without us driving her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Quoting MamaTasha08:

My husbands birthday falls on Mother's Day sometimes.  Double guilt if we don't spend time with MIL.  My MIL thinks every holiday is about her.  She CRIED the first time my husband and I flew home to see my family for Christmas.  I only visit my family once every other year.

Wow your mil sounds as bad as mine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TygrrEyz: Phew.... Crisis averted then. Have fun!
Quoting Anonymous:
Yeah. She actually tried to get us to take her on vacation last year
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN