Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gushed... TMI WARNING

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

After I had my shower today I was in my room getting dresses and was about to put my underwear on when suddenly there was a gush of liquid from my vagina. At least I think it came from my vagina.. I am pregnant so that concerned me a litte but I couldnt tell if it was amniotic fluid or urine. I went to the toilet just before having a shower so I was empty. 

It was maybe half a shot glass of liquid and I didnt feel like there was any control. I was just standing there and it happened with no warning. 

Normal to happen in pregnancy?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:56 AM

i don't think so... have you called your dr? or an on call nurse at the hosp?

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Call your doctor
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM
It could very well be just extra discharge from being pregnant.
If you're super worried, call your OBGYN and ask...but, it's petty normal to have that while pregnant.
How far along are you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:00 AM

8 months. This was hours ago and nothing else has happened so far.

Quoting Anonymous: It could very well be just extra discharge from being pregnant. If you're super worried, call your OBGYN and ask...but, it's petty normal to have that while pregnant. How far along are you?

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Honestly when you're pregnant and you're not sure if something is right or not it is always best to just talk to your Dr. It never hurts to be safe.

But to me.. no... that doesn't sound normal at all.  Then again I've heard of women who had to wear pads during pregnancy because of leaking issues with urine. But i never had that issue so I can't really say from my own experience.

happymum32712
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:38 AM
That happened to me with my ds. I was 38 weeks along, just finished going to the bathroom and was laying in bed when I got a gush. I went to the maternity floor and they examined me and said it wasn't my water that broke and that I was probably just urinating..although I was having contractions at the time that I could not feel. Two days later I was back in the hospital had a 6 hour, complicated, labour and delivery with no pain relief. My son and I both had infections and he had to stay for 7 days in the nicu. I never got a legit reason as to why I had the complications but I believe the cause of our infections was because my water had broke from the top when I went in the first time and that it went undetected because they could still feel my waters from the bottom. Slowly I lost my water and continued to have light contractions over the next 48 hours then, BAM! They hit hard and fast. I got to the maternity floor and they asked me when my water broke and I was like, two days ago asshole!!!

I would go get checked and be prepared to start gearing up to bring your little one into this world:) Good luck!
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Go to a dr asap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN