Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vitamins

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I've been taking vitamins on and off for years. I noticed last year they really smelled bad so I thought of these must be old. They were woman's one a days. Bought something similar but they also smelled bad I ended up stopping taking them because when I did smell I and could taste and smell that smell going down my throat that I would feel sick from the minute I swallowed it for a few hours. It's like the scent would linger in my throat. I've been taking them but I can't handle it. Does anyone else have that problem? My doctor recommended I take flinstone vitamins I kinda feel like I'm a fool bc I'm 26 and need to take children's vitamins. I can't be the only person that has this problem. Any idea of vitamins that don't smell horrible?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XnikoX
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I've never had an issue. But I know they make gummy multi vitamins for adults. 

The worse smelling pill I've ever had to take was an antibiotic when I kept getting kidney and bladder infections during a kidney stone flare up. It seriously smelled like rotten eggs. I hated it. 

ZacharyWhite
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:04 AM

they do make gummy vitamins that might be the best way to go for you. although im not sure what types you need but also now they make powder vitamins so you can mix it in with water or a shake ect.. sometimes it does take getting use to the smell or taste of a type of vitamins. but i would try the gummy or the powder vitamins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:33 AM
That sounds gross lol yuck

Quoting XnikoX:

I've never had an issue. But I know they make gummy multi vitamins for adults. 

The worse smelling pill I've ever had to take was an antibiotic when I kept getting kidney and bladder infections during a kidney stone flare up. It seriously smelled like rotten eggs. I hated it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:34 AM
I will look for the gummies thank you

Quoting ZacharyWhite:

they do make gummy vitamins that might be the best way to go for you. although im not sure what types you need but also now they make powder vitamins so you can mix it in with water or a shake ect.. sometimes it does take getting use to the smell or taste of a type of vitamins. but i would try the gummy or the powder vitamins.

polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM
I suggest gummy or liquid vitamins. I don't take any though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM

i took the childrens when i was pregnant because the prenatal vitamins made me sick

3pippings
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:37 AM
We use biovea. Found them on iherb.com.
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:39 AM
I take chewy strawberry flavor hair, skin and nails vitamins.
KatLee42513
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Gummy vitamins don't have iron in them so you'd have to buy a desperate iron pill
WindBlownOracle
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Most people do NOT need vitamins.  One should be able to get all the vitamins and minerals they need through their daily intake of food, if they eat a healthy balanced diet. 

The Vitamin industry is a huge profit making scam.  (not that I'm bitching too much, I've made a knot off good investments with their stocks - so Thank you, all of you who buy and take them)

:O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)