Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

rude parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

I have two kids and I live with my parents. But I pay half their mortage, pay the majority of their bills and pay for the food every month so I def do not mooch off of them or take advantage because I pay more to live there then they are. 

My parents are always rude and disrespectful. I do a lot for them, and help out a lot. No I do not want a pat on the back or a medal but I do expect to be respected and not treated like dirt.

My dad pretty much told me to suck up the way I am being treated because he plain out told me they are my parents so I should just suck it up and deal with it.

My next step is I am looking for my own apartment so I can move out. The only reason I have been staying here is because my parents suggested it as long as I pay my way because my kids would have more room then in a small apartment. They also swear and disrespect me in front of my children.

I told them when I move out they will not be seeing me or my children until they stop their abusive ways.

Opinions and advice needed? I really have no idea what to do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like you know what to do. I wouldnt surround myself with anyone who spoke negatively about me in front of my children.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Time to move out baby cakes.
Droyal14u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Sounds like you're paying to be disrespected. Would be best if you saved up, moved out and made your choices on whether or not to visit your family. You do  NOT need anyone berating you or treating you badly, ESPECIALLY your family. They're not supportive and don't respect you. Your children see and  hear everything and begin to think this is okay. You must extract yourself and your children from this situation. I wish you good luck.

MountieMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:34 AM
You're doing the right thing
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I already told them if they want me in the kids in their lives after we move that they need to go to family counseling. Because they really think their is nothing wrong with what they do.

Quoting Droyal14u:

Sounds like you're paying to be disrespected. Would be best if you saved up, moved out and made your choices on whether or not to visit your family. You do  NOT need anyone berating you or treating you badly, ESPECIALLY your family. They're not supportive and don't respect you. Your children see and  hear everything and begin to think this is okay. You must extract yourself and your children from this situation. I wish you good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM

That is what I have been doing. I have been looking around at apartments. 

Quoting TaralynnStewart: Time to move out baby cakes.

BlueKWoz
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Time to move out, better to be in a smaller apartment but a better environment.  

Cmgmqmmom
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM
I would be moving out and making it clear that they will not see their grandkids until they learn to be decent to me.
Have they always treated you this way? I'm just curious if it started when you moved in or if they've been this way to you forever.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM

I would move out....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM

I cannot deal with their abusive behavior. I literally have no family besides them. 

Quoting BlueKWoz:

Time to move out, better to be in a smaller apartment but a better environment.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)