Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spank Out Day - April 30

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 368 Replies

It's an initiative to end corporal punishment. There's ample evidence that spanking is an ineffective from of discipline and harmful so why do we do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM

i dont spank.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this
I've done it a few times and it never worked with my son but it worked when I was a kid for some reason lol.
N1ght1ngale
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM
7 moms liked this

Cause it worked on my mean butt and I don't hate my patents nor am I violent..in fact, thanks to spankngs I became less violent! Same with my kids..they have rarely been in THAT much trouble..generally all they need is a grounding or sentences..but when they have been so terrible (as in the case with out right rebellion) that required a leather belt, they were good for months ..in fact.. It's been several years since I've had to spank them.. It is very effective at curving tempers and entitlement issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Blah blah I'm ample evidence that it does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM
I do little swats.
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this
I've never had to spank my son so far but I would never rule it out.
It's pretty funny to say it's ineffective but I remember the spanks I got as a child and they absolutely were effective.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM
6 moms liked this

Because its my choice and it does work for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM
14 moms liked this
I think only idiots believe that 1 form of punishment works for every child.

I have 3 children. Only 1 responds to spanking. The other 2 do not have the personality to where spanking was effective with them. It took only one time for me to realize that, so both of them are punished in a different way. The 1 child (who might I add, RARELY EVER gets spanked) does not respond well to any other form of punishment.
Each child is different. This is why we as parents, need to take the time to understand how our children are programmed.

If you are spanking a overly sensitive child who has a depressed personality by nature, then yea, prepare for a backlash of mental health as they grow older.
I'm not going to allow a total stranger to make the decision for me as to what forms of discipline works for children they've never met
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

That's also the 10 year anniversary of Mean Girls...I wonder which one will get more attention?

phoenixallison
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I think each child is different & I think it shouldnt be for every punishment & it should be when the kids are old enough to understand it. Also I agree with slapping a childs hand once they turn about 2 or 2.5-3 at the latest & only for certain things as well. I believe taking something away & timeouts work as well in certain situations & my favorite way to discipline is to let life teach them i.e. when they get a bit older say 5 or 6 & understand words like no & hot & they touch a curling iron because they just have to curl their own hair. Life teaches them & they have a tiny blister & pain to remind them ouch dont do that. The same is my reason to spank sometimes an ouch dont do that is necessary on the butt too. Oh I had to edit & say the amount of the pain varies by age obviously a 5 or 6 year old child usually doesnt need a spanking at least mine didnt but when they have one it shouldnt be as hard as you would for a 13 yr old nor as many times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN