Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, they have their days, but...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM
  • 29 Replies
Took my kids to the play center to wait for their dad yesterday. They were playing nicely when I noticed a girl about six or seven running around wildly. As she passed by a baby who could barely walk, she stopped and shoved the boy down. Then she took off again. The mom of the boy didn't see it happen and as I was about to say something the girl came up to another boy and smacked him into his back. He went crying to his mom and I told both moms what happened.

I went back to my seat to watch my kids and the little girl came up to me and blew a raspberry right into my face and then took off again. I just looked over at her mom sitting with a new baby. She was completely ignoring her daughter. The girl than ran to one of her little brothers and whispered into his ear. The little boy went over and shoved my daughter off the slide steps. Then his even smaller brother went to my third son and smacked him while I was comforting my daughter. The girl then went and hit my second son. By this point I had three crying kids and other parents were getting angry with me. I walked over to the mother and told her she needed to get her daughter. As I was telling this lady to stop her daughter my oldest came over to me and said the little girl had spit in his eye and face.

I now had four crying kids and the little terrors (now the girl's brothers were going around hitting kids too) were making the time miserable there for everyone.

The mom said she was sorry. There were four of them and she knew they were being naughty. They would leave. She called out for them as she buckled her new baby into the seat. None of them came to her and in fact the little girl was trying to slap my oldest's face when I finally saw her. I told her she had a cute baby, called for my four kids who all came to me, and we waited for them to leave. It took a while and her kids did not listen at all without her pulling them out.

My kids have been brats before, but NEVER to that extent. During the time there only my three year old hit someone. It was once and I punished him immediately. I would never leave my house if my kids were like that. My oldest was probably younger than that girl and even he knows how rude she was being to people.

Am I being too harsh in my judgment? Her excuse just seemed lame to me. I have four kids, too. Mine are even closer together in age than hers are.

What would you have done? What are your thoughts?
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelc9010
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM
I would have went off.

Nobody hits my kid
Kenre
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Those kids had attacked my kids so fast, but I really was trying to give the mom the chance to parent. I just about busted into mom mode when that girl blew that raspberry in my face.

Quoting chelc9010: I would have went off.

Nobody hits my kid
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM

yeah that lady would have seen the ugly side of me. You spit in my kids face?!?! hell no

chelc9010
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:19 PM
I get on to my oldest (5) for doing that to me.

They would havegot it worse.

That's rude.

Quoting Kenre: Those kids had attacked my kids so fast, but I really was trying to give the mom the chance to parent. I just about busted into mom mode when that girl blew that raspberry in my face.

Quoting chelc9010: I would have went off.

Nobody hits my kid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have yelled at them myself. Nobody treats my kids like that.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I would have notified mall security before it escalated so far. She could have really hurt a baby.

My six and seven year old play in those areas, but they make sure to watch for smaller kids and they wouldn't dare put their hands on another child.

They prefer to beat up on each other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM

That raspberry-blowing girl, I'd have smacked her ass without thinking and regretted it instantly.

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Mall security is hard to find in our small mall. Lol. I bring my kids to this thing every other weekend. I have seen some brats before, but nothing like yesterday.

Usually everyone is very careful to the babies. Even when the older kids do a game of tag, they are careful to avoid the babies.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: I think I would have notified mall security before it escalated so far. She could have really hurt a baby.

My six and seven year old play in those areas, but they make sure to watch for smaller kids and they wouldn't dare put their hands on another child.

They prefer to beat up on each other.
ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM
My kids would have been whooping ass.
Heisenberg
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't have even gone to the mom, I'm evil that way. If you don't want me threatening your children in a calm whisper, keep a better eye on them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN