Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some women on here.....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM
  • 453 Replies
264 moms liked this
They truly sicken me, with their I'm a better then you attitude and it can't happen to me stance. I work in the social service field and believe me poverty has all kinds of people. Misfortune doesn't discriminate nor does it care who you are. You honesty think it can not happen to you ? Please think again, things happen and YOU can end up in a shelter on food stamps , needing help. I don't care who you are nothing in this life is guaranteed. So be humble and show some compassion. I hate to think what you teach your children.
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM
3 moms liked this

ok then.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM
15 moms liked this

mom2hadley
by Heather on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Alright.
Dellane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
15 moms liked this

It sure is compassionate to tell people how much they sicken you. 

RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
56 moms liked this

Oh its always "I have a degree and expeirence and skills and I could get a job tomorrow it I wanted one" or "If my husband passes away we have over a million dollars in life insurance so the kids and I will be set forever" or "I married a rich man so I don't need any skills or education or work expeirence. While you're busting your ass in college and at your job, I'm sipping Bahama Mama's on a cruise ship because I know how to marry well."

Personally, I hope I'm around when the shit hits the fan for some of these women. I would be glad to help them out, after I point and laugh and say "I told you so".

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Alrighty then! Good to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM
44 moms liked this
Amen to you. People, especially in this group are terrible to some women who purely just are asking a question and just because they don't know, other women think it's okay to degrade them and call them a terrible mother/person/ect. Everyone was a first time mom and had questions at one point. Everyone started off in life on the low income side. Yes, you can work your way up but not everyone reaches their goal due to many circumstances. As long as a person is trying their hardest, if they need a little help from the government there isn't anything wrong with that. It's the people who aren't even trying to get out and find a job, ya know?
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:19 PM
11 moms liked this

you're preaching to the choir chica. The one's who need to listen won't. lol do  you expect any less on here?

DisabledVet
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
26 moms liked this

Sadlymost Americans (except the 1%) are one or 2 paychecks away from being homeless and broke. Yet we treat the poor as if somehow they deserved this fate or did it to themselves.

What's really sad is I've seen people who work at social services go out of their way to make people feel worse instead of better. We need to be more like Candians in this area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
20 moms liked this
Just like its compassionate to tell someone they aren't worthy of something just because your husband makes more money than them or they got laid off and are working their ass off to find a job? She's just saying it's rude to make someone feel like shit because of their financial situation.

Quoting Dellane:

It sure is compassionate to tell people how much they sicken you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)