Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE : My 16 year old DD said the most hurtful thing she has ever said

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 211 Replies

We were fighting because I would not let her go with two of her friends for a overnight to a city were a concert was happening 100 miles away were no adults but one 20 year old was going to be. I told her I could not do that. Maybe if one of the moms was going I would let her. I cannot go because I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and am having a high risk pregnancy. Which i another reason she should not be going. She started screaming at me and told me. I don't even know why even asked you. your not my real mother. i have no emotional connection to you. I don't even love you. We are not even blood kin. I wish my mom had not died and you would not even be here. My heart sank. She usually is the sweetest girl I cannot believe she said that to me. I did not tell her dad. Her mom died of a aneurysm when she was 1 and me and her dad married when she was 3 1/2. I have raised her as mine since then. I have always felt like she is mine but I have never tried to take her mothers place. My heart is broken. I cant believe she feels that way.

ETA: WANTED TO MAKE IT CRYSTAL CLEAR: I would be okay if another adult was okay..she was be allowed to go if ther was another adult going.

Update: She came and apologized to me and brought me and her dinner from the Black eye pea to eat together and a cherry cheese cake. I didnt even ask her to do this. She just did it. She said she was sorry she said all that and started crying and said she loved me and she was just mad because all her friends were going and she did not want to be left out. I am about to call my sister and see if I pay her 100$ and get her a hotel room for that weekend if she doesnt have anything plan if she can go with her down there that weekend and chaparone. My DD doesnt know it yet because my sister may not be able to do it.  She really is a good kid and I know she has just been frustrated with my health and her dad being gone a lot. I know she normally wouldnt have said this. I took her phone away and her laptop away and she is grounded for the week.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM
12 moms liked this

She doesn't feel that way. She is upset and trying to make you upset too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM
14 moms liked this
I doubt she feels that way, teens are just little psychos...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

What does your pregnancy have to do with anything? 

EDIT: Before anyone else is tempted to quote me: OP said 'I cannot go because I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and am having a high risk pregnancy. Which i another reason she should not be going.' This is not the same as saying that her DD can't go because OP can't come along as a chaperone. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the whole situation. 

tyfry7496
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM
She really doesn't feel that way, she's upset. Sit down and talk to her. She's old enough to understand how very much she hurt you.

I agree with your decision though.
DensHag
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM
She doesn't feel that way...she wanted to hurt you and probably will feel like poop later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this
She's high risk and couldn't be the adult to go with. Which she stated.

Quoting Anonymous: What does your pregnancy have to do with anything?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this

She's high risk, how is she going to drive 100 miles away to pick the kid up if something bad happens?

Quoting Anonymous: What does your pregnancy have to do with anything?

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM
She's just mad and didn't mean it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Welcome to the world of hormonal teenage girls. You can't take what they say to heart. They're just trying to get a rise out of you.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Quoting lucille.bluth:

She doesn't feel that way. She is upset and trying to make you upset too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)