Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Safe environment check gone too far?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
My 7yr old was set to have a sleepover tonight. He was so excited!!! We had all sorts of things planned, build your own pizza for dinner, some board games and they were gonna make a bunk bed tent to hang out in! Well, the kid and mom show up, the mom wanted to hang out and take a look at my house. I was okay with that, then she started peaking in every nook and cranny! She opened drawers, looked in my fridge and pantry. Then she asked to see MY bedroom. I politely declined, explaining that it's my private space and the kids will not be in there. She insisted, saying that if her kid was to spend the night she wanted to see EVERY room in the house to make sure it was safe. I told her that I understood her making sure her son is in a safe environment and was happy to open my home to her, but my bedroom is off limits to guests. There's nothing wrong with my room, I just don't like people in it, it's my space! She took her kid home. My poor little guy is so sad.
Ladies, would you insist on seeing a moms bedroom before you let your kid stay the night? Would you let a mom peek around in your bedroom if she asked?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
articmom
by IceQueen on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Thanks a littke weird, I would have told her to keep her dick beaters out of my fridge.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM
3 moms liked this
Uh no. I wouldn't have done that in depth of a check to begin with. Is the house mostly clean? Great. Does it smell like animal feces or cigarette smoke? No? Great. Are there flies buzzing around week old dishes? No? Great. See ya tomorrow kid.
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM

weird

xXVICKYXx
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM

WTF? there is something seriously wrong with that lady....

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM
That's a little out of control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Weirdo.  I wouldn't want a child from a mother like that staying at my house.

anotheranon
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Seems excessive.
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM

That seems extreme and rude.  Just ask if there's any unsecured guns or large dogs and be done with it. 

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Was this the first time you had met the mom? Was this the first time she had been to your house?

I wouldn't be comfortable leaving my child with someone I didn't know and somewhere I hadn't even several times.

But regardless. I see the bedroom as a private place as well and wouldn't be comfortable with someone snooping around it
Princesmermaid1
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I just ask if they have guns if they do my kids not staying there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN