Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My religion is right! Yours is wrong!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 112 Replies
4 moms liked this

Just stirring the pot. 

Personally, I'm not religious.  I'm somewhat spiritual, sort of agnostic. Raised Catholic.  'Nuf background on me.

Why do some of you believe your religion is the True Religion when others feel just as strongly about their own?

How can anyone not see the oddness of humans worrying more about belief than about their actions and how they treat others?

Do any of you see anything positive about differentiating among each other instead of finding common ground?

Don't you all think that if humans continue to go down the road of hate, violence, greed, judgment, waste, callousness.....all that bad stuff, we will only destroy ourselves and this planet?

Is it possible that all major religions have at their core the way to our salvation....through love, compassion and empathy?  That some religions tend to pervert this through adherence to manmade doctrine, often for self serving purposes (such as the subjugation of women)?

Just stuff to ponder.  

Please keep everything respectable.  I truly want to find common ground, not rip everyone apart.  I would also prefer that anyone who may care to participate come not with self righteousness but with an open mind and the understanding that not one person alive, past, present or future really knows The Truth.  If you can't agree to all of this, please move on.

by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM

My religion is the right religion and the only religion for me. I dont care about what others believe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I am an atheist. But if you BELIEVE in a religion, a certain religion, most of them say that their way is the only way to salvation. So, if you truely believe then yes all the other religions would be wrong and pointless.

mandaday
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM
4 moms liked this
I've never met two people who believe exactly the same way. So to some degree I think everyone is wrong.
BIMOM21
by Andi on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Opinions are like assholes.... We all have them. That's why.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM
I don't ever assume my religion is the only way. I'm a very progressive Lutheran because I grew up that way. DS attends a private Lutheran school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I believe what I believe for me. Nobody else. You follow your beliefs and I will live mine is how I see it.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Because I know in Whom I have believed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I think mine is the best, but I don't put down others.  I even attend others, but always feel likes something is missing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Truthfully i hate religion but i do love god religion is just man's interpretion
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN