Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

parents who prefer to be with their child

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 170 Replies
2 moms liked this

s the BIG problem with being close to your child. People get all bent out of shape if someone takes their baby/toddler to the Dr with them or the store or anywhere for that matter. Some mothers inclyding myself prefer not to have to go thru the baby sitter process and then you never know what kind of people are really out there. They could lie on so much
It took me and my husband 16 years to be blessed with our son. Therefore we rather do everything as a family. If we go to dinner as we are tonight its a family thing. I have multiple health problems so we don't do the intimacy aspects of marriage so why not be with the ones that make me happy which is my husband and son.
Sorry for the length but my question is Do you feel its so bad to he with your child?. He goes where we go

Update

My son is not with me 24/7/365 he does go to my sisters for a little bit here and there to play with his cousins. He hasn't been in a while because everything has been hectic all the way around. I do not ask for someone to come get him watch him etc. They ask me and dh if he can come play for a little bit. Also when we go to Dr appointments my dh and ds wait in the waiting room. When we do go to dinner if he gets upset or ill we gather up and I head out of the restaurant with ds as dh pays the bill etc .
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Firsr
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't use sitters. My children go where I go.
Yet, if I have a personal doctors appointment they stay with daddy.
We schedule it that way.
Robin-Christine
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Same here,my son has never done daycare/bbaysitter/ If an invite did not include our son we declined. We love spending time with our son

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think it's bad. But just not how I choose to do things.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Took me 12 years to get pregnant. The only people I leave them with are my mom, maybe once a month and MIL when we visited her. We take them everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM

We don't generally go anywhere without our kids.  If we do any type of "date" it's when they are in school.  Otherwise trips and such are done as a family.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it is fine if you prefer to be with your child (which I did when I was not working, rarely had a sitter.)  I do find it sad when one is so untrusting of the world around them though.

HAHuskey
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't afford a babysitter every time I have to run to walmart. Besides, if they don't go with you, how are you suppose to teach them how to behave in public?
mandaday
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM
9 moms liked this
I love my time with my children. But I also love time for my husband and I to just be us. And occasionally I want to be alone or with my friends.
Each person needs to do what works best for them. I personally am a better mother and person in general when I can cater to each aspect of myself.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM
8 moms liked this
I think it is important to do things with your SO and by yourself from time to time. You are an individual person. You are a wife. You are not just a mom or part of a unit. Its called balance. People who don't balance their lives generally end up depressed at some point and that is a big reason many marriages fail. I fail to see how health problems prohibit intimacy. There are many ways of being intimate that aren't sex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)