Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weekday wedding....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this
We're paying for our wedding soley by our selves! We have a budget of $10,000 and it can absolutely not exceed that. We found an amazing venue that we love and we booked our wedding on a MONDAY.

People are literally laughing in our faces!

The venue is $1,600 cheaper to have mon-thur! We're only inviting close family and friends and we will feel as though if people really want to be there they will either have a half day at work or request the day off and we will give ample notice so they can do so!

Is it really that laughable and ghetto to have a Monday wedding?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
BUMP
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I mean, it is your wedding. I wouldn't laugh, but I do think it's weird
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I'm sorry but it screams cheap to me. You do what you have to do but that would be my first thought if I got that invitation in the mail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I know it's not the norm. But we had to give something to get the venue and food we wanted so we gave up on a weekend :/

Weekends are double/triple the price(that includes Fridays!)

Quoting Anonymous: I mean, it is your wedding. I wouldn't laugh, but I do think it's weird
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It's your wedding do it when you want to. But, don't be offended when people can't come.
PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Ghetto? No, that is such a stupid descriptive word anyway. We had our wedding on a Wednesday, but we didn't pay for it, or plan anything so I didn't care what day it was on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM
An that's fine. I suppose. Your being honest!

But people know we have 3 kids and are paying for it with out any help.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I'm sorry but it screams cheap to me. You do what you have to do but that would be my first thought if I got that invitation in the mail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM
It's rude and cheap. You are inconveniencing all of your guests so that you can save money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM
We won't. We understand the risk of a limited guest list due to it being a weekday!

Quoting Danesmommy1: It's your wedding do it when you want to. But, don't be offended when people can't come.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Oh I know all about that. I'm planning mine too. We could never do a Monday cuz my family is 100% out of state. Our budget went from 10,000 to 15,000 real quick.

Quoting Anonymous: I know it's not the norm. But we had to give something to get the venue and food we wanted so we gave up on a weekend :/

Weekends are double/triple the price(that includes Fridays!)

Quoting Anonymous: I mean, it is your wedding. I wouldn't laugh, but I do think it's weird
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN