Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Easter is NOT Christmas!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 616 Replies
23 moms liked this

What the hell is up with buying kid hundreds of dollars in candy and baskets? I think it is the biggest waste of money and Easter isn't about your kids! Way to teach kids yet another holiday isn't all about them and their wants. I'm disgusted and appalled. You're spending $200+ on Easter gifts with your PA & CS money. No one sees a huge problem with that? I think if you spend money that could go to necessities on wasteful trash like candy and baskets, then you deserve to be stuck eating Ramen for the entire month after. Its always the same people claiming they are broke, wasting money on stupid crap. I think those people are stupid, foolish and deserve to be smacked or punched. Those dummies

and this is not a PA post, this is about idiot parents wasting money, whether you can afford it or not ~eta 9:14am~

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
15 moms liked this

but what about the ones that CAN afford it?

Texor
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
35 moms liked this

Well sure it is...both are High Holy Days for Christians that have been absolutely bastardized by capitalism.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
6 moms liked this
Im assuming you are talking about someone specific.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
8 moms liked this
Not everyone is on PA that spends that much. Spending is good for the economy, and it's not coming out of your pocket so, so what?

I don't spend much because it's not an important holiday to me, but who cares if parents what to splurge on their kids. It's better than ignoring them!
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
10 moms liked this

If you have the personal funds to purchase extravagent Easter baskets then I see nothing wrong with that.  We do, but don't.  Isaac will get a basket probably filled with $20 worth of toys, eggs, and some candy.  He's 2, he doesn't need more than that.

If however we were on PA then I'd still get him a basket but it would be even less expensive than that.  Still, if we were on PA and I chose to blow those funds on an Easter basket then that's on me.  My priorites would be askew BUT it's still none of anyones business frankly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
4 moms liked this
I can afford to do what I want.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM
10 moms liked this

I usually get spring stuff that I would be getting anyway like sidewalk chalk and bubbles. My kids a probably just as happy with a few little things as the kid that got a $200 basket. But if someone wants to do it and can afford to do it, I dont care, it isnt me so it doesnt matter.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM
18 moms liked this

I don't get welfare, we eat an organic diet that includes NO ramen, and we don't buy hundreds of dollars worth of candy.....We do spend hundreds of dollars on our children for Easter though, as is our prerogative :)

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:58 AM
7 moms liked this
Well im not on pa....nor do i get cs.

So ill spend a few hundred a kid, and do it with a smile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Wasteful!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

but what about the ones that CAN afford it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN