Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They want to name the baby what?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 286 Replies
My daughters name is Julia Claire. We call her Julia Claire (both names) 99% of the time. My brother is having his first child. It's a girl. They want to name the baby Claire. They want a C name because his fiancé's 2 kids from a previous marriage have C names already. That name is already taken. My daughter will already have a hard time due to the fact she's been the baby and only girl of a large family for 6 years. You want to take her name too? I hate to say this but I wish the baby was a boy.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM
15 moms liked this
You don't own the name
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM
5 moms liked this

You know that there are lots of Claires in the world, right? You can't "take" a name.

If you are worried about your daughter not feeling like a special snowflake, that's your issue. Not theirs.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM
You don't own the name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM
5 moms liked this
It's ok. Julia Claire should be proud they're using such a sweet name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM
4 moms liked this
George Foreman did it.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
28 moms liked this
I have never in my life seen such a large amount of petty women in my life until I joined this website. It's a name. If they were naming their daughter Julia Claire, yeah, that'd be fucking weird. They're not stealing your daughters identity so relax.
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
She'll survive.
69liliem10
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this

You don't own the name, dude. 

If you call her Julia Claire she's certain to know by now that is her name, and another girl with the name Claire is not going to confuse her. 

You're being crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
No, I don't, but why name her something that has already been used in our family?
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Really? Who fucking cares? My cousin was named after my grandfather and I named my son after my cousin and grandfather. My cousin and his wife are now pregnant with a boy and are naming him the same name as my son and I'm not throwing a fit over it and actually I see nothing wrong with it.

It's just a name....life isn't going to end because they are naming their daughter Claire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)