Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wwyd ex wants to take boys out of the country

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • 102 Replies
My boys dad just called and told me he wants to take the boys Brazil this summer his mom is originally from there. The last time my boys went was just before they turned 4 right before their dad and I got divorced. They are 7 now and he wants to take them for the whole month of June which mean thaey would have to miss the last couple weeks of school, also they will be missing their uncle and cousin high school graduation, he said that of that dosent work he could work it to where he could take them few days after their bday and they would be gone from July 7th until Aug 31st.

I'm all for them being to explore their culture and where them come from and I trust that my ex would take good care of them abd I know his mom and sisters would be going to, it just I have never been always from my boys that long and I am a worry wart because one of them is a little more sickly.

What would you do, let them go and ask for the time to be shorter or let them go the whole time.
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miaamor77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Hell No!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Let them go. They're his kids too.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I would absolutely let them go.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Do the July one. They'll have a great time, and if they miss out, you'll feel bad long term for standing in the way. 

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I'd let them go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I trust my ex with my DD (we are still good friends just couldn't make it as a couple), so I personally wouldn't have a problem with it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Where's your guarantee that he'll bring them back? I couldn't do it.

miaamor77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I never said I wasn't going to let them go

Quoting Anonymous: Let them go. They're his kids too.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I'd let them go.  I totally get that you'll miss them, but that is something you need to deal with and shouldn't keep them from exploring their culture.

As long as you trust him to bring them back (and it sounds as if you do) let them go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)