Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I will not stop having sex!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was talking to the ladies at my church today about my upcoming wedding. My fiance and I are both older with older teenage children from previous marriages. I have my tubes tied (going on 15 years) and he has had a vasectomy. We do not plan on having children together, either natural or adoption. Our choice none of anyone else's business really. When people ask I usually respond pretty vaguely.

This whacko lady at my church today went off about how sex was for procreation only and how people who do not plan to procreate should not have intimate relationships with one another.

I do not think it was solely directed at me...more like bad timing on her part as we were talking about my wedding a few minutes earlier. Just struck a nerve. Sex is a beautiful and wonderful act between two people that can be used for many things, procreation included. I do not think that if you do not want children it should be a total ban on sex for life. To me it reaffirms our love for one another and brings us closer physically.

It just made me shake my head that in this day and age, with all the resources available to prevent pregnancy, that some people have such an outdated opinion on sex.

That is my rant for today :) Happy Sunday ladies!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It's not even Biblical, she's nuts.

Edit: Sex is Biblical!  It's the fac that it is exclusively for procreation is not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM
4 moms liked this
That why I love my chuch. It's not year round but we are there every Thursday night and Sunday

We belong to the church of the NFL
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol I think this is only an excuse cause they have horrible sex and think everyone else has horrible sex too

jesssanate
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Yup!!!! :-) us too!!!

Quoting Anonymous: That why I love my chuch. It's not year round but we are there every Thursday night and Sunday

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Haha yea she's very outspoken on several topics biblical and social. I just slowly backed out of the conversation because I obviously have different views on the subject ;) Usually she's easy to ignore but this particular subject had me wanting to go all CafeMom on her butt! Lol.

Quoting liltampa71:

It's not even Biblical, she's nuts.

Edit: Sex is Biblical!  It's the fac that it is exclusively for procreation is not.

elfling811
by Niki on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Yeah, no. We will never stop having sex either. Sex only for procreating? HAHAHAHA! DH would NEVER go for that! LOL

I wonder what they would think of us having sex for ten years after I was told I was infertile, and now that I no longer have a uterus. Some people just make me SMH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I go to Saturday services during football season *hangs head* I gotta be home Sundays to watch my packers :)

Quoting Anonymous: That why I love my chuch. It's not year round but we are there every Thursday night and Sunday

Krysta784
by Dani on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Tell her she should read Song of Solomon. Pretty sure he wasn't talking about making babies in that entire book.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was thinking! Admittedly it did strike a nerve with me but as she has no place in our bedroom it was relatively easy to brush off. I was thinking about the young women in our group with fertility issues and things of that nature being told they have no right to an intimate relationship with their spouses. It made me think is nothing sacred anymore!! Yeesh I guess some people have no filter.

Quoting elfling811: Yeah, no. We will never stop having sex either. Sex only for procreating? HAHAHAHA! DH would NEVER go for that! LOL

I wonder what they would think of us having sex for ten years after I was told I was infertile, and now that I no longer have a uterus. Some people just make me SMH.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, as a Christian, it's not important which day you worship, just that you do.

The Packers thing is the sin. ;)

Quoting Anonymous: I go to Saturday services during football season *hangs head* I gotta be home Sundays to watch my packers :)
Quoting Anonymous: That why I love my chuch. It's not year round but we are there every Thursday night and Sunday We belong to the church of the NFL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN