Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why having savings is....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
A must have.
Dh just got off the phone with one of his closest friend, she asked him if she could borrow 600 dollars because her dh lost his job 2 months ago and they don't even know how they will pay May's rent and bills.
They have no savings at all because they always just spent all of his pay check until the next one,
he said yes and that he'll drive down to meet her somewhere because she doesn't want her husband knowing that she asked dh for money because he'll be embarrassed that she told dh about their problem.
I'm not judging her at all because i know things happen and that she said that they both applied everywhere( she is a SAHM) but no luck.
This me thinking really hard on how many are in their situation and if any of you or your husband lost their job do you have enough savings to last you long enough for you to find another job?
I know for sure that if dh and I lost our job we would be good for a solid 6 to 8 month.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Not us!
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM
If just one of us lost our job we would be ok for about a year. If we both lost our jobs about 5-6 months
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM
We'd be solid of at least a year. More if we HAD to.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM
We could currently make it 6 months. We need a lot more though. I'm working overtime and dh is mowing lawns twice a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM
We'd be ok for several months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Yeah we do
Heisenberg
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM

We would see it coming months ahead of time if my husband lost his job. We do have a savings account, but we just started it and we wouldn't be able to live on it long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Well, I hope you know you can kiss that money goodbye. And I would be leary of lending the money without her husband knowing anyways. THAT sounds really shady.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
We are working on rebuilding our savings now. A few years ago my husband was laid off for 14 months. My income didn't cover everything so we used all our savings and had to cash in both our retirement funds. He ended up starting his own business.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)