Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm no carseat nazi but....why put the baby in without installing the seat?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I have a neighbour who lives across the street from me. She has a daughter who is around 8 months old...

I was sitting outside with the girls, and she walked out with the baby in her carseat. she stopped and said hi, and dd1 said hi to the baby.

then she opened the back passenger side door, sat the carrier in there sideways, then just closed the door, got in and left.

Didn't install the carseat.... Just sat her in there.

That bugged me...

I've never paid enough attention before to know if she's always done this or if this was a one time thing... But it makes me wonder.. She has to know that that's not safe...

I know sometimes it can be annoying or time consuming to use the seatbelt every time, but isn't that what the base is for? So you can simply pop them in and out of place?

Have you ever seen some one just sit the baby in the car without installing the seat??

Have you ever done that??

If so, why??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have called the police.

I never used the infant seats, so no - I've never done that lol. My kids are buckled in properly each and every time we get into the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

No I have never done that. Maybe she's a dope and doesn't know they require a base? I'd ask her if she knew that.

Thunderbug75
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I have never seen it but I guess it happens a lot.  My next door neighbor is a nurse and she use to help install car seats for the county.  The county would hold work shops on  how to install car seats.  She said there was always one family that did not know that the car seat / base had to buckled up.  I thought "everyone" knew that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Laziness and the "it won't happen to me" attitude.

There's plenty of people on this site who do similar things for the same reason.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM
That's not good at all. Yikes!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM
I don't think they'd do anything. The police in our area suck, and aren't good for much. The neighbourhood is great. But the police and hospital in our count suck. Luckily we live close enough that we can be in the next town over in 10 minutes for doctors and hospitals.

Quoting Randi02:

I would have called the police.

I never used the infant seats, so no - I've never done that lol. My kids are buckled in properly each and every time we get into the car.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

They don't require a base, but they do need to be secured!

Quoting Anonymous:

No I have never done that. Maybe she's a dope and doesn't know they require a base? I'd ask her if she knew that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Some car seats don't need a base. Mine doesn't just strap it in with the seatbelt xx
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Well i assumed every one knew that... I also assumed that every one knew that the straps adjust.. Until the nurse at the hospital asked if I needed to be shown how to do it. Apparently a lot of people don't know they adjust..

Quoting Thunderbug75:

I have never seen it but I guess it happens a lot.  My next door neighbor is a nurse and she use to help install car seats for the county.  The county would hold work shops on  how to install car seats.  She said there was always one family that did not know that the car seat / base had to buckled up.  I thought "everyone" knew that. 

aimlee
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM

every single time the kids are in the car, they are buckled in. Even if we are going down the road for a minute. it takes all of 2 minutes to buckle both of my kids in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN