Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vaccinations

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Should parents who choose NOT to vaccinate be responsible for the burdens, financial and otherwise, created for others from their decision? And part 2, did you vaccinate or not, And WHY? ~ if you don't have kids please don't answer.

Options:

Yes. They made the decision, they should take the responsibility

No. They should not. They made a decision for themselves, not for others.

Yes, I immunized.

No I did not immunize.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

just watched TWWGS on ABC and they were covering the increase of occurrences of childhood diseases that had nearly been eradicated.  The coverage focused on parents in affluent areas who were choosing NOT to vaccinate their children.

Now, many people have the misconception that the increase is the fault of low income people, THAT is not true.  Local health centers do offer free, or low cost immunizations.

So, I know (unfortunately) that we can not force a parent to vaccinate their children, BUT do you feel that these parents (of a patient zero child) should be responsible for the fall out of their child NOT being vaccinated? I'm not speaking (just) of the other children who may become sick (although their should not be too many of them if they are vaccinated) I'm speaking also of the money that becomes involved with disinfecting the school after the contamination, the loss of wages for the staff, the pregnant teacher who becomes sick from the exposure and has to leave her employment early....

In my view, it is much like a parent giving a child a car.  If the child has an accident, they parent is financially responsible for the damages.  Of course, the parent can make the child pay them back... But still, the parents made that choice, they have to take the responsibility.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM
*face palm*.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM
No just no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Only when the people who make poor food choices have to cover the full cost of diabetes treatment, cancer treatment, heart treatment and/or any other issues that arise from their poor food choices.

Oh and people who get hurt playing sports, let's let them cover in full any injuries.

I'm sure I can think of more given the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:04 PM
The *break outs* are happening in the most densely vaccinated populations. Research is your friend. But I see you've chosen the 'eat propaganda out of MSM hands' route.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Why should a parent vaccinate using a vaccine that has known to cause harm and injury, in order to protect others from a vaccine that didn't work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Well, lets go after those who spread strep, flu, chicken pox, the common cold, bronchitis, sinus infection, or any other malady...

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I'm pro vax. But, the horse is dead and you're not going to convince anyone of anything.
grnhsegoddess
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Oh ffs...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)