Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We will be on PA forever.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
2 moms liked this

DH is a disabled vet who needs me home to help take care of him, the kids, and the household. The VA screwed him up medically and now he has psychiatric issues as well. He has a disablity rating that we are currently fighting to have increased and we have a case open for SSDI. We get FS, the entire family qualifies for Medicaid, and we receive LEAP every winter. We will likely always qualify for those benefits, and if we qualify we will use them.   

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:19 PM

How did the VA screw him up medically?  I'm genuinely curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM
My husband is also disabled. Mostly blind and mostly deaf. He cant drive and he cannot take care of our child or the child that is due in a few months so i have to do it. We will most likely be on PA forever as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
The VA can help you qualify for a home health aid, so you can go back to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:21 PM
6 moms liked this
Why are you having children then?

Quoting Anonymous: My husband is also disabled. Mostly blind and mostly deaf. He cant drive and he cannot take care of our child or the child that is due in a few months so i have to do it. We will most likely be on PA forever as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Did his disabilities happen before or after the kids? Why would you being a child into that?

Quoting Anonymous: My husband is also disabled. Mostly blind and mostly deaf. He cant drive and he cannot take care of our child or the child that is due in a few months so i have to do it. We will most likely be on PA forever as well.
Anonymous
K
Anonymous
K
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM
I assumed the kid was born before he was disabled

Quoting Anonymous: Why are you having children then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Why on earth would you want more kids with him in that condition? It sounds very difficult for you. It's like you will have three kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM
There's another one due.

Quoting Leigh84: I assumed the kid was born before he was disabled

Quoting Anonymous: Why are you having children then?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)