Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Carnival themed party

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Have you ever hosted one? How did it turn out?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Haven't hosted, but you totally made me remember the carnival birthday party from Jon & Kate Plus 8.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:37 AM

no but Oriental Trading has a lot of themed items for Carnival to choose from!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:38 AM
How much is your budget?
soon2bmomof2grs
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Yes for ODDs 1st birthday. It turned out great, IMO. I may have some pictures if you'd like to see them

lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:11 AM
I had one when I was about 9.... my parents did it all diy..... we set up tables with different games (i remember a water balloon toss and cracker whistling.....) and small prizes..... I remember it being pretty fun....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM
$700-$800
I am looking at this package;
THE CARNIVAL PARTY!
We will deliver, set up and tear down an inflatable bouncer (please be sure you have enough room!!). A standard outlet must be dedicated to it. A Waiver must be signed upon delivery. Depending on the size of the children, up to 10 kids can bounce at the same time. One of our clowns will arrive and wow everyone with facepainting, balloon twisting, and cotton candy!

up to 30 kids, Bouncer for the day and 1 Clown for 2 Hours, $400.00

I can add popcorn and snow cones for $30 each as well.

Quoting Anonymous: How much is your budget?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I am no good with DIY. I could maybe do the games DIY, that's it though.

Quoting lillettemomma: I had one when I was about 9.... my parents did it all diy..... we set up tables with different games (i remember a water balloon toss and cracker whistling.....) and small prizes..... I remember it being pretty fun....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM
That'd be great :-)
Mine is actually for YDDs 1st birthday!

Quoting soon2bmomof2grs:

Yes for ODDs 1st birthday. It turned out great, IMO. I may have some pictures if you'd like to see them

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I have for my 4 year old son.

It turned out awesome. We rented two bounce houses, a sno cone machine and a cotton candy machine. We made a few carnival games too. I bought tickets so everytime a kid played a game they would get a ticket to pick out a prise for their goody bags to take home. I have a cute carnival tent that I put the prises in so at the end the kids put their tickets in the jar and went into the tent and filled their bag.

We had all carnival food and drinks. We also rented some Zoo animals and had pony rides. We also had a clown and a magician.

It was the best neighborhood party ever and the kids had a blast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bmomof2grs
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM

We gave out tickets at every game. This is the duck game, we just used a marker to write an amount of tickets on and had them in water. Behind it you can kind of see out 'pin' game. I had bags that they threw to knock over the Tootsie roll containers. AND behind that you can see some of our toss a bag board.

The kids were suppose to turn in tickets for the prizes, but we ran out of time and I ended up just filling in the baskets with a bit of everything

Quoting Anonymous: That'd be great :-) Mine is actually for YDDs 1st birthday!
Quoting soon2bmomof2grs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)