Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an atheist...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 123 Replies

So, I don't believe in any sort of higher power but I want to see the movies Noah and Heaven is for real. They look great. On the other hand passions of the christ was awful and son of god looks awful.

Anyone else?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Im atheist too and I saw Noah. It was good but some of the camera sequences were weird. Saw it in IMAX which made it pretty cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Noah was made by an atheist that set out to make the least biblical biblical story (his words)
So you'd probably like it
jendawgrox2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting. TY for this info.

Quoting Anonymous: Noah was made by an atheist that set out to make the least biblical biblical story (his words) So you'd probably like it

jendawgrox2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:20 PM

That's awesome. IMAX always makes everything better too.

Quoting Stephd710: Im atheist too and I saw Noah. It was good but some of the camera sequences were weird. Saw it in IMAX which made it pretty cool.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I definitely want to see Noah but I think the premise is a stupid one lol.

Heaven is for real doesn't look good at all, OMFSM. Ridiculous. You couldn't pay me.

jendawgrox2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM

LOL. Ok. TY for replying. I usually don't go for this genre. I'm more of an action flick or superhero movie type of person, but the previews I saw looked interesting.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I definitely want to see Noah but I think the premise is a stupid one lol.Heaven is for real doesn't look good at all, OMFSM. Ridiculous. You couldn't pay me.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I would be curious to see your take on it.  

I have a couple of Catholic friends on my Facebook who saw Noah and called it blasphemous and just short of disturbing.

I'm Pagan and have no desire at all to see it.

jendawgrox2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

LOL blashemous; it's a movie. I'm thinking about seeing it with some gift cards I got for christmas. If I do I'll add an update on wether I liked it or not.

On a differnt topic, can I ask you a question? When my kids are older, I want to introduce them to different religions/beliefs, so they can choose for themselves what to believe. Is that possible to do with paganism? Or would I have to be pagan for that to be possible?

Quoting LokisMama:

I would be curious to see your take on it.  

I have a couple of Catholic friends on my Facebook who saw Noah and called it blasphemous and just short of disturbing.

I'm Pagan and have no desire at all to see it.

ericabb
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I'm also atheist and just mentioned to DH today that I want to see "Noah". I'm intrigued by "Heaven is For Real"; not enough to see it in the theater but will likely rent it.
momeraide
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM
A lot of Christians are disappointed in the movie Noah. So something must set it apart from the traditional story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)