Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Watch where you are going.....

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:59 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
Df wrecked his bike today. Some guy was talking on the phone not paying attention and swerved into df's lane. He had to go off in the ditch and his bike "cartwheeled". The guy just kept going but df has a general description of the truck. Thank god all he got was road rash on his shoulder, face, and side. His arms has a few cuts and he has a hell of a knot on his head but will be okay.

His bike we don't know about yet. It may be totaled just gotta wait and see. The windshield was shattered, front tire forks broke, blinker smashed, front tire fender split in half, and that's just what we can see. We have no idea of anything is wrong internally since it no longer starts. He is pissed but as I told him that bike can be replaced any day but I can't replace him.

Please watch for Motorcycles when your driving. Someone could lose their life in a split second and a family can be ripped apart!!!
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisLove18
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Bump
leanntx
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM
This just happened in my hometown too. A Tahoe swerved into the other lane and hit a bike. Broke the riders leg in 4 places.

Quoting HisLove18: Df wrecked his bike today. Some guy was talking on the phone not paying attention and swerved into df's lane. He had to go off in the ditch and his bike "cartwheeled". The guy just kept going but df has a general description of the truck. Thank god all he got was road rash on his shoulder, face, and side. His arms has a few cuts and he has a hell of a knot on his head but will be okay.

His bike we don't know about yet. It may be totaled just gotta wait and see. The windshield was shattered, front tire forks broke, blinker smashed, front tire fender split in half, and that's just what we can see. We have no idea of anything is wrong internally since it no longer starts. He is pissed but as I told him that bike can be replaced any day but I can't replace him.

Please watch for Motorcycles when your driving. Someone could lose their life in a split second and a family can be ripped apart!!!
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Scary! Glad he's ok!
KenneMaw
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Please tell me he was wearing a helmet. I am so glad he is ok. My DH was hit on his bike years ago and he was ok too. It sure is terrifying though.
HisLove18
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM
That's horrible :( we are thankful his wasn't worse.

Quoting leanntx: This just happened in my hometown too. A Tahoe swerved into the other lane and hit a bike. Broke the riders leg in 4 places.

Quoting HisLove18: Df wrecked his bike today. Some guy was talking on the phone not paying attention and swerved into df's lane. He had to go off in the ditch and his bike "cartwheeled". The guy just kept going but df has a general description of the truck. Thank god all he got was road rash on his shoulder, face, and side. His arms has a few cuts and he has a hell of a knot on his head but will be okay.

leanntx
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I would be too, he was very lucky.

Quoting HisLove18: That's horrible :( we are thankful his wasn't worse.

Quoting leanntx: This just happened in my hometown too. A Tahoe swerved into the other lane and hit a bike. Broke the riders leg in 4 places.

HisLove18
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM
No he wasn't :( his mom and I both jumped his ass over it. His battery had died so he jumped it off and decided to take it down the road we live on not thinking.

Quoting KenneMaw: Please tell me he was wearing a helmet. I am so glad he is ok. My DH was hit on his bike years ago and he was ok too. It sure is terrifying though.
CMay2CK
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Totally agree!! My sister and BIL were in an accident last year. A car made a right turn from the left lane right in front of them. Bike was totaled. Sis got her knee pinned between the bike and car then thrown over the hood of the car. Fractured her femur, shattered her knee, required two surgeries (hopefully that's all). Luckily both of them were wearing full leathers and helmets, otherwise it could have been much worse.
HisLove18
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Sounds so painful but thank god it wasn't worse. Df wasn't wearing his helmet but his mom and I tore him a new one over it. He said I was just going down the road to make sure the battery was charged back up. Which we live in BFE on a back road but still accidents happen out here too.

Quoting CMay2CK: Totally agree!! My sister and BIL were in an accident last year. A car made a right turn from the left lane right in front of them. Bike was totaled. Sis got her knee pinned between the bike and car then thrown over the hood of the car. Fractured her femur, shattered her knee, required two surgeries (hopefully that's all). Luckily both of them were wearing full leathers and helmets, otherwise it could have been much worse.
lalalamama
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Thanks cor posting this. We should all look out for motorcycles.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN