Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Adult Website??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
Some website has taken my pictures and username and created an adult profile!! The pictures are from an old photo bucket account, and I've used the same username forever. I've emailed everyone on the whois list to try and get it removed. The ones that responded are saying I have to contact the person the site is registered to. His email is deactivated!! All the emails I send keep coming back to me. I've called the number associated with him. It's a fax machine!! I Googled the address, it's a gas station!! I don't know what else to do. I'm absolutely freaking out right now. Are there any tech savvy mom's that know how to handle this??

ETA- The site is a 3rd party advertising site. They don't have me down as having an actual account. They're using my stuff to promote. Still no response from anyone that can help get them removed. It seems that no one is running it anymore. The page registration expires in September. All I can do is keep emailing and hope that if no one responds it'll expire. The pictures were not copyrighted so I couldn't even threaten with a lawyer if someone were responding.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BIMOM21
by Andi on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:54 AM
No idea, here's a bump though.
Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:54 AM

BUMP!

achorney
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:54 AM

There should be a warning here about keeping things on the internet. I'm not sure what to tell you here unless you get a police report for identity theft and going after the company that's hosting the fake profile.

Corkie-
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Thanks for the bumps
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Contact authorities and they may be able to trace the actual IP address of whatever he used to do it.  Did it use your actual real name or anything of that nature?  I would call with the possiblity of id theft.

FelineTopic
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Email the owner of the website...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:56 AM
I am not even understanding what you mean by putting them on an adult profile? Are they nude pictures?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:57 AM
They're not using my name just the username from the photo bucket account. I can't access any of the contact info that it has listed so I don't even know if it's my real info.

Quoting achorney:

There should be a warning here about keeping things on the internet. I'm not sure what to tell you here unless you get a police report for identity theft and going after the company that's hosting the fake profile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM
The username from the photo bucket account. I can't access the contact info without making an account, so I don't know if any of it is real.

Quoting Anonymous:

Contact authorities and they may be able to trace the actual IP address of whatever he used to do it.  Did it use your actual real name or anything of that nature?  I would call with the possiblity of id theft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)