Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She kicked her sister out to be homeless over THIS??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
My SILs sister came to live with them 6 months ago. She was broke and got kicked out of her apartment for not paying rent. My SIL let her move into their basement apartment with the understanding it was a free place to live but not to expect free food or free childcare for her 5 year old son.

My SIL has been annoyed that they've been taking their groceries and the 5 year old had been getting into stuff and leaving his things everywhere, even though the basement apartment has a playroom where his things are supposed to be.

Her sister didn't get many hours for a two week period because she forgot to make herself available for scheduling online. As a result, she only got 4 hours over two weeks instead of the usual 70 she gets. As a result, she didn't have money to pay for daycare. My SILs 17 year old daughter offered to babysit.

On Saturday, the sister's shift ran over. The 17 year old was at home watching her son and needed to be at work herself an hour after the sisters shift ended. The sister didn't call or answer her cell, and the 17 year old got fired from her part time job for being so late. The 17 year old was irate and cursed out her aunt when she got home.

SIL was furious and kicked her out. From what I heard, they're staying at a shelter for now. I understand that she was wrong and she's been a less than ideal houseguest, but come on...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Seems legit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I would have a hard time kicking a small child out of my home, but I also, I work too hard to support my ownj family.  If I am allowing someone a place to live, rent free, then I expect them to be able to buy food, help keep the outside looking nice, maybe pitch with some extra chores, etc....    It sounds like the SIL is very irresponsible and maybe this is the kick in the butt she needs to get serious about supporting herself and child.   Sometimes people are just coddled too much and they never learn to be self-reliant.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Assuming this story is neither fabricated, nor exaggerated...

I would also have told them to find a new home. I don't think I would have kicked them out, but I definitely would have given them a deadline to find a new residence.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd be beyond pissed that her irresponsibility caused my dd to lose her job. She wasn't following the rules. She had every right to kick her out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM
She got someone fired. Someone who was probably contributing to household eslcpenses, unlike herself.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

HUGE GIF DUDE STIRRING DRINK GIF

Quoting Anonymous: My SILs sister came to live with them 6 months ago. She was broke and got kicked out of her apartment for not paying rent. My SIL let her move into their basement apartment with the understanding it was a free place to live but not to expect free food or free childcare for her 5 year old son. My SIL has been annoyed that they've been taking their groceries and the 5 year old had been getting into stuff and leaving his things everywhere, even though the basement apartment has a playroom where his things are supposed to be. Her sister didn't get many hours for a two week period because she forgot to make herself available for scheduling online. As a result, she only got 4 hours over two weeks instead of the usual 70 she gets. As a result, she didn't have money to pay for daycare. My SILs 17 year old daughter offered to babysit. On Saturday, the sister's shift ran over. The 17 year old was at home watching her son and needed to be at work herself an hour after the sisters shift ended. The sister didn't call or answer her cell, and the 17 year old got fired from her part time job for being so late. The 17 year old was irate and cursed out her aunt when she got home. SIL was furious and kicked her out. From what I heard, they're staying at a shelter for now. I understand that she was wrong and she's been a less than ideal houseguest, but come on...

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I would of given her like 30 days to find another home
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
She's a useless, irresponsible twit who got her niece, who is probably saving for college and teenage fun expenses, fired from her job because she couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone. She'd be out of my house too.
mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Assuming it is factual, I would have done the same thing your SIL did. 

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking it was the straw that broke the camel's back.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)