Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the moms that work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
To the moms that work what do you do?
Do you like your job or do you feel like it keeps you away from your family? I like my job at the bank but I honestly would rather be home with my babies.I only make about 30,000 a year after taxes and Dh makes about 36,000 he is a telemarketer we could not survive without my income.We have two kids and I feel like I miss out on a lot with them.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I work for a child care resource and referral agency and love what I do

I  have the best of both worlds, I work 32 hours a week so I drop DS off at school and pick him up after school

Texor
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I work at the kids' school, so I am there for everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Right now I just work part time at a grocery store as a personal shopper. I will be quitting in May once my dh graduates nursing school and passes his nclex and finds a job. Then I start nursing school, I won't be working though
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Im a secretary at a service company.  I like my job.  Of course i miss my girls while im at work.  But i dont have a choice. Im single so i have to support us.  Honestly i dont think i would really like being a stay at home mom either. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM
I like what I do. Maybe if I won the lottery I'd quit my job but that's different than just staying home.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a martial arts instructor. I love my job and I'm glad I get to work in the evenings after DH is home so I can still keep the kids home and home school them. My job allows me to stay in shape as well which I love.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM
I work at a Ria/Western Union.
I love it, my boss is awesome even though i end up working extra as his receptionist for his Telecom business. I don't miss out on a lot since i work from 8 am until 1 pm from Monday to Saturday and i make way more than i should.
I actually love my job, and it doesn't take me away from my family that much.
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Im a RN. I love my job but im only part time till my youngest is in school all day
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I have pretty much job hopped since having children because I have always needed to work. that is not saying I'm a bad employee..I worked nights when my daughter was a baby, long shifts on the weekends when she started preschool, early mornings like 4 a.m. To noon when she was in early elementary school and my husband could get her on the bus..and now I work late mornings until early evening. I don't have a career per se, but I've always held down a job and then changed jobs as the needs of my family has changed.
Works for us. I've got lots of experience doing lots of things. I've been a line cook, waitress, caregiver, cashier...
I do not feel like my kid has missed out on anything. I have always made sure one of us was available for her at all times.
redneckmomma07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Yes I work, yes I like my job. I get off at 5pm (central time) and have weekends off. If I had the choice to stay home I honestly would.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)