Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband an I are talking about getting our 7 yr old daughter Big Gift for her Birthday

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 250 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Which gift do you think is more practical in this economy

Options:

A) 4 Wheeler-she love's it

B) a Pony (would be cheaper then renting 1 3 times a week for her lesson's )

C) Redo her room in a them she loves

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 478

View Results

I read every single post an all the comment's an thank everyone ...........our daughter has always gotten something small an been surrounded by close family every birthday .....in the last 4 yrs she has lost 3 family member's to illnesses ,her uncle was put in a home for Alzheimer's an her other uncle was just diagnosed with Cancer .....so we decided that we were going to make her B-day 1 hell of a Shin-Dig!!!!!....We decided that we would Ask her what she Wants to Do !!!  an She doesn't want a 4wheeler or a horse an says she loves her room ....all she want's to do is go to Chucky Cheese ....an we said we can Do that !!! so that's what were doing .....thanks for all the comment's an post's!!!

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM
5 moms liked this
Who didnt want a pony at that age? Lol. That's my vote.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM
27 moms liked this

is the boarding, feeding, shoeing and vet care of a horse cheaper then lessons? I doubt it

Texor
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
8 moms liked this

I do not find any of these "practical".

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this

They are all great choices although I'm not sure how I feel about a 7yr old on a 4 wheeler and a pony is a long term expense what with food, board health care, grooming, training and what not. Redoing her room is my vote and could be fun picking everything out.

LuvingMy3Girls
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If you can honestly afford the upkeep of a horse and won't suddenly have to sell it in a year or 2 my vote is horse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Right? Boarding a horse can cost thousands a month.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

is the boarding, feeding, shoeing and vet care of a horse cheaper then lessons? I doubt it

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do her room honestly...I have a horse freak of my own and I refuse to buy her a horse. There is the cost of the horse,stabling the horse, food, vet bills, a trailer if you have to move said horse...nope...not happening. Her teacher that gives her lessons during the times she is in Fl sat her down and explained just how expensive it is to own a horse and that cured her of ever asking for one again. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

She's only 7!  Does she even want a room redo?  If she's already getting lessons, does she care about a horse?  A wheeler for a 7 yo?  Are you nuts?  JMHO.  Get whatever you think she'd want...looks like the sky's the limit!

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Well personally I would do the pony if my child were interested in horses and riding but only if you guys are sure you can handle the cost associated with owning one. 

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Do you have plenty of room for either a 4 wheeler or a pony? Is she responsible enough for either of those? Are they things she will tire of quickly? If so then I would go with the room makeover. Otherwise just find a way to nonchalantly ask her which she would prefer if she ever had the choice lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)