Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sisters water broke. She's 19 weeks. Final Update

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 335 Replies
11 moms liked this

My sisters water broke yesterday. She is 19 weeks along with a little girl. She is in Alabama and I am in IL. So I haven't gotten to see her. We've been keeping in touch via text/fb and our little sister is there with her.

I'm so worried and the Doctors aren't telling her much. They've been monitoring the baby and she's still going strong from what they can tell.

Is it possible the baby could survive?

Also I'd appreciate all the positive energy you could muster. Prayers, well wishes, send some energy, or whatever you do. Please do. ♥♥♥

*****update****

The news is not good. Her white blood cell count has doubled. Both NICU Drs agree that they should induce labor. There isn't enough fluid replenishment and even if they keep her to wait it out the baby probably won't develop properly. 😡 I just don't understand why things work the way they do. My sister is one of those properly good people. All she wants to do is be a Mama and its the one thing her body just won't do. Part of me wants to offer to carry for her. My heart is broken for her. Ugh

***update #2***

Small update. Just heard from her again. The baby's heart beat is strong still. They aren't going to induce her yet and my sister is demanding a second opinion, which they're complying with. It is a glimmer of hope I'm excited to hold onto.

*****update 3******
Not much of an update, but she just let us know that the baby is still doing good. She has strong little heart beat. The doctors aren't ready to make any calls just yet and my sister is not ready to give up. Thanks for all the positive energy!! We appreciate it and I'll let you all know more when we do!!.

****Update 4*****
Her white blood cell count went down to normal. She is on bedrest in the hospital. Baby is doing good. Now it is just a wait and see how it goes thing. If there is any major changes I'll update. Still hoping for the best.

****Update 5*****

Omg! Just found out there is talk of sending her home! She'll be on strict bedrest orders and have to get check ups often. I have been so depressed for the past few days. I really wasn't expecting a good outcome at first. Each day my hope has gotten higher and higer. I really hope my little niece and sister get through this. My sister is one of the strongest women I know. If that little girl is anything like her she's a little fighter too!!

*****Update #6******

There isn't much new news. She's still in the hospital as of now. They aren't letting her go home as of now. They also did another ultrasound this morning and there is no measurable amount of fluid around the baby. Which does not sound good. ): She's waiting to talk to the Drs.

****Update 7****

There is still not enough fluid in her womb. Her insurance company is demanding that she get induced and be done with it. They are saying that it isn't considered a viable pregnancy and that they WILL NOT cover it any further. Her Drs do not want her out of the hospital and they've put her into another room that is attached to the hospital but not the hospital in an attempt to appease the insurance company. They're also saying that the baby's feet have moved to just above her cervix. ): Things are looking very bad again. I feel sick just typing this.  

****Final Update****

The baby was born early this morning. She passed away very near after. She was 67 oz and 8 inches long. She is an angel baby now. Thank you to every for your continued support and prayers and etc.

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry. Prayers and well wishes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
The baby would almost certainly not survive if born at 19 weeks. Hopefully they can keep her from going into labor.

I'm sorry :/ lots of positive vibes
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Oh goodness:( sending prayers and good wishes

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Praying! I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and couldn't imagine my water breaking anytime soon.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Sending prayers and hugs.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM
I had a coworker who's water broke, she was in the hospital for 8 weeks. She was 20 weeks. She delivered at 28 weeks.
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:43 AM
If they can keep her in there for just a couple more weeks, she will have a fighting chance. Praying for you guys :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
The earliest I've heard of a baby surviving premature was about 22 weeks. Hopefully they can do something about the sac to prevent infection and maybe keep the baby in there longer. Poor thing :( I hope everything turns out well for her and the baby.
shaye
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Praying for all of you and the docs and nurses caring for these two. I hope all turns out ok. Blessings

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM

My daughter was born at 28 weeks and weighed 2 pounds.

When she was in the NICU she was beside a baby who was born at 26 weeks.. Moms water broke at 20 weeks.. they kept her on bed rest and IV fluids for 6 weeks.. I guess the amniotic fluid can replenish itself when you're leaking fluid if you stay on bed rest and get plenty  of fluids. She started having contractions at 26 weeks and they couldn't stop labour.

Baby was 4 weeks old when I met them. Didn't know much about baby's health other than it was surviving and growing.

I hope everything works out for your sister! Very scary stuff. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN