Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with daughters when did you.. Pic added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 269 Replies

Start talking to your dd about body changes she will start to go there? I got my period at 9 my dd is 7 I just bought a bunch if books off amazon from American girl about body changes and a feelings journal ( she has a problem with trying to express her feelings so I figured this could help her) so I can start talking to her at a age appropriate level but still have that line with her open from an early age.i think I might put them in her Easter basket this year.

just an FYI I'm not going to chnage my mind on how I give my dd her books regardless if you women agree with or not I didn't ask you for your opinion on how I choose to give them to my dd.

oh know the awful books came today Can't wait for dd to get home! And you ladies are funny as hell getting all bent out of shape over putting some books in a Easter basket.that part was just to show that no matter what someone puts in it you ladies have something nasty to say,someone does nice toys their kid will use you ladies get all bent out of shape because Easter is not " Christmas" someone does something small give their kids some books and a few small thing you ladies freak out because "Easter should be able getting fun stuff" why don't you idiots make up your minds.lol

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest is 7 and my youngest girl is 6.  They know that changes will come and they will have periods because they've seen my tampons and they know about the blood and all. 

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
24 moms liked this

oh god... not in her easter basket... if you *have* to present them as a present, make a special day/afternoon out of it and give them to her as a "growing up" present.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter will be 9 this summer.

I actually plan on talking to both my 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son about body changes soon.

Nothing graphic just the basics.

I didn't get my period until I was 14.

I've never met anyone who got it at 9.. that's so young!
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
She's two, I don't want to think about it! Lol
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
DD is 7 and I have no plans to discuss that anytime soon.

I'm going to let her be a kid a while longer...
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM
When my oldest was almost 6. She heard things from her cousin and I had to have "the talk" with her. From that day on we have had an open discussion all things biological
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM

They look like regular books it's not that big of a deal it's not like it's going to embarrass her.im not really making a big deal about it just some stuff for us to talk about when we go on our evening walks nothing crazy

Quoting anyotherday:

oh god... not in her easter basket... if you *have* to present them as a present, make a special day/afternoon out of it and give them to her as a "growing up" present.

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Well my oldest is almost 7, and I've told her about periods, but I haven't explained it to her in detail. I figure around 9 I'll explain it all to her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM

My SIL got hers at 8 I also know another girl that got hers at 8 and a few girls I went to school with got them early I hope dd doesn't but only time will tell

Quoting danie24: My daughter will be 9 this summer. I actually plan on talking to both my 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son about body changes soon. Nothing graphic just the basics. I didn't get my period until I was 14. I've never met anyone who got it at 9.. that's so young!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM

We have had the talk about sex when she was 4 when I was pregnant with her brother I kept it at a level she could understand but didn't really sugar coat it

Quoting mommy_me: When my oldest was almost 6. She heard things from her cousin and I had to have "the talk" with her. From that day on we have had an open discussion all things biological

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)