Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't support our troops.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 407 Replies
17 moms liked this

I know. I know. I was fed the same propaganda from gradeschool on. "Brave men and women are dying for my right to eat happy meals and be a smug american." The more I learn about world history the stronger I feel that war is completely unnecessary and US presence in other countries is unwarranted and a waste of American taxpayer money. War is a business, a damn profitable one for certain important people. I think it is horrible the way vulnerable young americans are convinced that they are honor or duty bound to risk their lives not for our country but for our corrupt government and their corporate agenda. I'm so irritated at all the sappy commercials where a soldier surpises their family member by coming home unexpectedly and all is mushy and sentimental. This storyline is meant to pull at your heartstrings and disguise the fact that the soldier abandoned his/her responsibilities at home to be a contract killer for the government. If the soldier is lucky enough to make it home after their asinine assignment of corraling innocent brown people they will likely have significant mental trauma and never be the same again, making their choice to abandon their family permanent. On top of that I'm supposed to tip my hat and salute to every uniform I see. "Gawd bless our troops, y'all!" Fuck that. Your attire alone does not convinve me you are a person worthy of my blind respect and gratuity. Your decision to wear that uniform is not community service. You are actively employeed.  If my husband told me he was joining the armed forces I would divorce him. His decision to sign his life over to government is far worse than being served divorce papers, in my opinion.

To be clear. I don't hate American soldiers. I value human life more than some silly political agenda. Tell the troops to quit, go home to their families. I'm willing to bet WW3 won't break out.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM
6 moms liked this
I wholeheartedly agree.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think we should be in other people's shit for no reason. But you know hitler and all that shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM
91 moms liked this
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to go stand in front of them.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I understand your point of view.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM
12 moms liked this
Did you get that from Faux News?

Quoting Anonymous: If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to go stand in front of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. Be careful.  People are willing to hurt you for saying this.  It's crazy now.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM
8 moms liked this
War has always been part of human nature and it always will be. If we got rid of our troops it won't stop wars and it won't keep us safe. That being said, you're entitled to your opinion.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM
8 moms liked this
I'll be sure to tell my husband, mother, father, brother and cousins to get out of the military pronto, just to make you happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM
18 moms liked this
Weird. I wasn't aware that I was a contract killer. I thought I was just doing finance paperwork. I'm so glad you told me what I was REALLY doing lol
AbelsMommy01
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM
70 moms liked this
There's a huge difference between supporting the troops and supporting the war
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN