Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dog will die today....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

EDIT: Princess is gone. I sat an the floor with her and held her snuggled up to me while she closed her sweet eyes. In the end she tried to get to the vet but i just hugged her closer and not once did she growl at me or try to bite me. Due to stupid abusive humans. I found Princess as a stray running our neighborhood back in August. It took me two weeks of sitting on the sidewalk at 10:00 pm with treats to get her to even approach me but she finally did and she moved into my garage. Over the last 8 months she has come so far. We finally got her to move into the house and my kids were able to be near her. She has become loving, trusting and healthy. She had to have once belonged to somebody as she is house trained, sits, doesn't take food off the table and loves to sleep in my bed. Sadly though she never lost that instinct to bite first. In the last two weeks she has bitten two people and jumped out of a six foot kennel to chase a third person. As much as I love this dog I can't take the chanceof her hurting someone. I have contacted many rescues but due to her aggression with anyone other than myself or my children they will not take her. So as I write this with tears in my eyes and her head in my lap waiting till its time I beg all of you to please please think about that puppy you are getting and how it is a lifetime commitment. That puppy deserves love not abuse. Edit to add that she has been behavior tested and it was recommended months ago that she be put down.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM
B
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Sorry. You are doing the right thing.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Oh dear I'm so sorry. You can't rehome her? Maybe try Criagslist or a rescue website if some sort?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I'm sorry.  You did the best you could for her, but in the end you have to make the right decision.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

aww hugs mama! poor baby doggy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM
No rescues will take her and there us no way I could rehome her. She will attack all men straight off and most women.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Oh dear I'm so sorry. You can't rehome her? Maybe try Criagslist or a rescue website if some sort?
MarriedMyPrince
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Omg hon! I'm so sorry. God, that would be one of the hardest things for me to have to do. My heart breaks for this decision you have to make. I wish there were a way to make this easier. ((Hugs))
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM
That's dreadful, I'm so sorry for your loss. I kinda want to go out and somehow find the people that hurt her...

Quoting Anonymous: No rescues will take her and there us no way I could rehome her. She will attack all men straight off and most women.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Oh dear I'm so sorry. You can't rehome her? Maybe try Criagslist or a rescue website if some sort?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)