Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you want to know?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I have a friend going through a situation:

She is in her 20's and is pretty sure the man she thought was her father is not her father. They look nothing a like and have nothing incommon.

Her mom dated a guy from highschool for a very long time and when that ended they went seperate ways and she met her "father" but the guy from highschool has always been around since her mom and her "father" split up. The guy from highschool has a daughter and there is a resemblance between my friend and his daughter.

She isn't sure she wants to find out, she thinks that she would be really mad at her mom because her "father" was never around but he would support her finacally and the guy from highscool was always around but only as a friend so if he really was her father she would have missed out on all of the father/daughter things.

Would you want to know? What can I tell my friend so that she sees it differently? She told me she would probably only want to find out later on when they have passed.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

My family is living this

My father, at 64, just found out that he is the product of an affair and not the biological child of his "dad", and is 1/2 siblings to my aunt and uncle

All I can say is that it has caused my family nothing but heartache and pain and at least I can say I wish we had never known

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Oh that is horrible, and not knowing or suspecting anything... :(

But because she suspects it I would just want to clear my mind and thoughts and know, but she really thinks that she is going to feel too angry towards her mother.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

My family is living this

My father, at 64, just found out that he is the product of an affair and not the biological child of his "dad", and is 1/2 siblings to my aunt and uncle

All I can say is that it has caused my family nothing but heartache and pain and at least I can say I wish we had never known

rosesinspring
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM

my mom got around in high school and became pregant with my brother by my presumed bio dad had my brother and well then me but when i got older my bio dad told me i might not be his but i wont go test to find out i rather not know becasue i have my stepdad

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Personally I think I would want to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM

In her case, she basically didn't have a father figure growing up, leading her to have "daddy issues" I think she is more affraid to resent her mother because she could of had that father if highschool guy was infact her dad.

Quoting rosesinspring:

my mom got around in high school and became pregant with my brother by my presumed bio dad had my brother and well then me but when i got older my bio dad told me i might not be his but i wont go test to find out i rather not know becasue i have my stepdad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I would want to know too, its not too late for her to build the relationship that she would have wished to have as a kid/teen with a father.

I really think that highschool guy is her bio father, his child he claimed and her look so much alike.

Quoting Hanab818: Personally I think I would want to know.

rosesinspring
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:52 PM

i would want to know for medical reason ig then but i would be scared to hurt my mother so i wouldnt do it espically if my mom raised me only by herself

Quoting Anonymous:

In her case, she basically didn't have a father figure growing up, leading her to have "daddy issues" I think she is more affraid to resent her mother because she could of had that father if highschool guy was infact her dad.

Quoting rosesinspring:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)