Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Argh!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am interested in buying this house. I called an agent yesterday, told her I was very interested in it and asked about the price (supposed to be $75,000) because I am planning on buying it with cash outright. She said she would call me back in 40 minutes with the price but she said it is still avaliable. She never called back a few hours later, so I called her. No answer.

I called back this morning and it was a completely different realtor who STILL DIDN'T ANSWER HER PHONE. Argh. D: I left her a message a few hours ago but haven't heard anything back yet. So I don't know if I should wait a while and call back or wait for her to call me. All I want to know is if the price on the website is right (I have had the price on the website be wrong before). If the price is $80,000 or below I am buying it.

I am trying to be patient but I really want someone to call me back now.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Find a different realtor. You should never have to track them down. Their job is to work for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM

That's ridiculous. I guess she doesn't want to make the sell. Continue to call other agents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I am new at this whole "buyng a house thing". If it is listed by this specific agent through a bank, can I call another agent about it or do I HAVE to go through the one listed?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's ridiculous. I guess she doesn't want to make the sell. Continue to call other agents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM
You can call any agent you like!

Quoting Anonymous: I am new at this whole "buyng a house thing". If it is listed by this specific agent through a bank, can I call another agent about it or do I HAVE to go through the one listed?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I am new at this whole thing. If the house is listed by this agent through a bank, do I have to talk to the agen listed or can I talk to any agent about the house?

Quoting kbutton24: Find a different realtor. You should never have to track them down. Their job is to work for you.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Contact other agents. Go to a realtor and tell them you are interested in that specific house and have them contact the selling agent. They are supposed to work for you and you should not be given the run around like that. Keep in mind the agent you approach to work on your behalf gets paid nothing by you because the commission from the sale of the house will be split by the selling agent and your agent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous: You can call any agent you like!

Quoting Anonymous: I am new at this whole "buyng a house thing". If it is listed by this specific agent through a bank, can I call another agent about it or do I HAVE to go through the one listed?

Quoting Anonymous:

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM
If it's an MLS listing, you can call any realtor in your area.
gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Be careful buying a foreclosure. There is probably a reason they're listing it so cheap. Depending on what investor is listing it they will most likely have a property condition report uploaded that you can look over
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

You can call someone else. There are plenty of agents waiting on your call. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)