Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need a refresher course

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have a clogged duct and it hurts! It's been a while since I've BFed... Aside form nursing any other tips to relieve this?
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Ouch! 

I had one once.. I just massaged it while I nursed.. nursed more often.. and sometimes put a warm wash cloth on it.

It was gone in a day or two.

Good luck!

roguegirl86
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

It has been a while for me too, but hot shower and massaging it helped a little, you could try to pump, other than nursing I don't have any other advice. I am sorry mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe massaging between nursing sessions is advised. Also a warm compress and be sure to empty that breast as often as you can - about every 2 hours - pumping even after nursing if necessary
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Yeah I woke up like this. Last time I had a clogged duct was 13years ago lol thanks

Quoting danie24:

Ouch! 

I had one once.. I just massaged it while I nursed.. nursed more often.. and sometimes put a warm wash cloth on it.

It was gone in a day or two.

Good luck!

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Just tried a shower, thanks!

Quoting roguegirl86:

It has been a while for me too, but hot shower and massaging it helped a little, you could try to pump, other than nursing I don't have any other advice. I am sorry mama.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous: I believe massaging between nursing sessions is advised. Also a warm compress and be sure to empty that breast as often as you can - about every 2 hours - pumping even after nursing if necessary
flibbertygibbet
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I only had to deal with that once.
I was told to put a warm compress on it. Nurse and pump and massage
It so sucks I'm sorry
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Nurse, pump, massage, warm compress and even a warm tea bag applied to it. They suck, hopefully your get some relief soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Warm wet compresses. Massage it as much as you can and let baby nurse as often as possible. I get them fairly frequently on the times I have to go out of town because I am used to nursing on demand. If I go longer than three hours, I get a clogged duct.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)