Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so sick of friends bs about not wanting kids!!!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 44 Replies
My friend desperately wanted children as long as I have known her. She was so scared on getting older and not having a husband etc. Well she met a guy she really likes a few yrs ago. He does not want kids ever. Gives her an ultimatum ....no kids or no marriage. She was so miserable bc she loves him. She decided to get married. Fine her choice.

But I have to read all this bullshit on FB. About how horrid life is for those who dont want kids....that women in society pressure her. ...blah blah blah. But Its ALL bs. She is spouting the stupid crap he feeds her....how most had kids early...by accident...would likely go back and not have kids...how they would lose all their fun etc.

I so want to call her on it. I KNOW she wants them. ..has always wanted them...I see the damn tears in her eyes when she hold my little girl. Ugh
But I will keep my mouth shut
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Ok vent over
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Bump!
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Bump
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM

if kids are important to her,she needs to be with someone who wants them.orshell hit menopause and wonder what the hell her life was about..its fine not to have kids,but if one spouse wants them,then something needs to change..

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I know. I told her the same basically. But I guess she has herself believing she never wanted kids either. At least on the outside she does that. Its sad

Quoting quinnsmom715:

if kids are important to her,she needs to be with someone who wants them.orshell hit menopause and wonder what the hell her life was about..its fine not to have kids,but if one spouse wants them,then something needs to change..

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Omg I have a friend that did exactly the same thing, we were best friends she already had one dd from a previous relationship and always talked about how she wanted to get married and have more babies, well she met this man that did not want more (he had 2 from a previous marriage), they got married and to this day I still say she is not the same person that used to be my best friend, all her dreams changed once she met this man, it's sad. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I would tell her that women who truly don't want children wouldn't feel that life is "horrid" and wouldn't feel pressured by society if they were truly secure and happy with her choice to not have children.

And I would also say that no loving mother regrets having her children whether they were conceived accidentally or thoroughly planned.

imthatgirl0607
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I suppose thats her choice. Its very possible that she thought she wanted kids because thats what society tells us. But now she realizes she doesnt.
Its her life.
moms_a_nurse
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM

That is something that, unfortunately, will come back to bite her in the ass. 

It's SO important, even if you love someone, to never give up something like that which is THAT important to you.

When you marry someone, they have to have the BIG things in common with you - and the desire to be a parent or not is, like, one of the top things if not #1.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Eh one day she will wake up
She needs to realize this herself and make a choice
Dont be surprised if she does have enough of his crap and she gets pregnant anyways on purpose.
It may not save her marriage, but she will have the baby shes always wanted
Many women do this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)